Its not that people made a bad choice of a pvp server

its that the populations are so out of wack for most servers that going in with the decision of knowing you could get ganked or camped people thought it wouldnt be as frequent as it is .

i for one knew there would be greifers and just random people that like to kill other players.

i wasnt prepared for the sheer number of horde the alliance face on sulfuras server.

they are camping all major farm areas. all major instance areas from sm onward. all major points of travel (menethil boat to theramore and the boats to auburdine and booty bay-ratchet).

hell i even went to farm shards out in silithus and got ganked 5 times by 4 different rogues each time and the last was a mage.

they are literally everywhere i go to run dungeons on this toon and quest on my 43 druid.

im not sad i rolled on a pvp server. the danger is something that excites me in smaller doses than what im getting now though.

im frustrated that blizzard alllowed the servers to become this lopsided.

if there is a good fix i would love to hear it.

24 Likes

Yeah, there is a good fix. You may not have heard of it yet, but here it is:

Reroll on a PvE server.

17 Likes

i just said i like and was prepared for pvp on a pvp server. i dont want to not be able to attack someone of the opposite faction, or be attacked.

i have no interest in a pve server.

i think there is some sollution to either merging some servers that are low pop and are horde heavy with a server that is alliance heavy or some sollution like that.

3 Likes

Seems like you want to be able to attack and kill players on the opposing faction but don’t want to be able to be attacked at all by them.

8 Likes

no its not that at all.

let me spell it out for you.

i want to attack and be attacked. just not at the expense of everything else like leveling or just farming shards , at least let me get a few shards before you bumrush me while im fighting a mob.

there is no safe havens other than the major cities, and even those have ud rogues infesting them killing random people.

they need to do paid server xfers and be done with it.

5 Likes

…so you want like… a PvE server and a PvP server combined, just for you? You can attack other players at your discretion but they can’t attack you until you’re ready? Get outta here.

4 Likes

i think there is some sollution to either merging some servers that are low pop and are horde heavy with a server that is alliance heavy or some sollution like that.

One problem. This scenario does not exist. The servers are extremely full as is. You could maybe, MAYBE do one merger.

Servers like Stalagg, Herod, Skeram are not fixable and never will be. The Ally pop will dwindle to nothing eventually and they will be effectively PvE servers.

1 Like

Lol the undead rogue is saying “WeLl JuSt PlaY oN pVp sevEr”. Now THAT’S Classic.
You know this kid has not logged off since Thursday and is killing all of the lvl 50’s he can.

14 Likes

Cap server populations.

Have you looked at any of the wow census??? The only seriously dominated horde servers?

Did you know what the census was like in vanilla? of course not. Your argument is based on conjecture.

Let me sum it up for you. There are about 20 horde dominated servers, and about 17 alliance dominated servers. With 3 that are sitting fairly even ~50ish percent. You followed a band-wagon. And that band wagon didnt get off on the stop you wanted.

Wait a few weeks, maybe a month till they open BG’s and then you’ll be back to /waving at people and hoping they dont kill you. (but 48+ you’re still dead)

That’s literally what horde have on my server. A pve experience unless they feel like squashing some ally bugs. Gtfoh indeed are you sure you’re not a troll?

1 Like

Wow census is broken

Ironforge dor pro +
/who parses by level range per class +
Number of items on each AH

Will tell you the story and interestingly all support each other’s ratios.

Its a population density issue.

wow census actually isnt broken it works again and its not a bad idea for everyone to use it and upload the data since blizzard wont tell us anything

Yes. We definitely didnt have the massive populations we do on todays servers. Server caps are 3x what they were back in vanilla. This is true its a “density” issue. But its literally the 1st week of honor being rolled out.

People just gotta wait for BG’s to take hold and then the world wont be a bloodbath anymore. With the response they’re seeing they’ll move up BG’s to a (hopefully) sooner-than-later date.

2.5 months for P2 to launch in full.

it was 6 weeks to Diremaul.

I expect BG’s to probably roll out around Xmas…

Hold tight carebears. Hold tight.

**i am looking at multiple census sites to form my opinion. I have known for a long time “wowcensus” has been broken. There IS more than just that you know…

1 Like

So…

You want to PvP.

But want to be able to chose when and where the PvP happens.

Sounds exactly like a PvE server is your solution.

You get to attack - and be attacked - but on your own terms. And you don’t have to worry about An enemy player killing you as you farm your shards.

Yup. He wants a PvE server. Or wants some ridiculous BFA warmode bull-puckey

3 Likes

Anyone who isn’t a moron knows all these imbalances are the fault of blizzards horrible launch.

2 Likes

See above. If you want to PvP, but want to pick and chose your PvP interactions, why wouldn’t you roll on a PvE server? Instead of rolling on a PvP server and then complaining when you die in the open world?

You act like I’ve never been ganked before. I sure have. Multiple times.

While leveling in Ashenvale, there were two night elf rogues that comped my corpse for two hours.

I know because, after the first 45 minutes of being repeatedly killed every time I resurrected, I took a break and decided to make myself dinner and coffee. I logged out as I made my dinner, made my coffee, ate my dinner, and cleaned up my dishes and did some kitchen cleaning.

I logged back in over an hour later, only to be instantly killed by the same two rogues the moment I logged in and pressed the resurrect button.

Was I upset? Yeah, it was a bummer. But you know what? Did I complain to blizzard? Did I want blizzard to change the game for me? No. I knew what I was getting into.

Reroll now.

4 Likes

OP doesn’t want a lopsided server to the point where the horde -need- to farm every damn point of travel in order to get honor. They can’t do anything about it as they’re simply outnumbered.

I don’t understand why people don’t get this. They want PvP. They just don’t want to be so drastically outnumbered while doing it.

11 Likes

PvE server is you friend. Can get to PvP all you want by flagging yourself. Find yourself upset at being killed and suddenly don’t want to PvP as you farm stuff or level? Fine, take the flag off. Easy.

You even have the advantage of having more alliance on your team than horde on PvE servers.

1 Like