It's not pandering, it's called art

yep, best just stay neutral.

it’s more open minded that way i say.

1 Like

I think there is an argument to be made that it certainly can feel like pandering. Especially when I’ve now done a questline featuring same sex couples in every zone now at this point. The exception being in Azure span where a Tuskar woman needs help finding her husband. There is inclusivity and that’s fine. But when it gets to be “on the nose” as you might say? Then I do think you start getting into the territory where it kind of comes across as pandering. I feel like it’d feel more authentic and inclusive if there was more of a mix and more quests that have traditional (Note: Blizzard wouldn’t let me use the H word here) couples, etc.

I am not even against having LGBTQ representation in game. I do think however that even folks that identity as such just want well written characters. It’s not like Blizzard suddenly took a character that was one orientation and then changed them on a whim. (At least they haven’t thus far.

I am sure the scandal probably played a part and devs seem happier now that some of the trash has been thrown out. I think people know who I am referring too. But for me Blizzard still has a bit of a stain on it. They said their games weren’t a place for politics in light of a certain controversy involving a player during an esports tournament. The player made a political statement and they were banned/made to forfeit their winnings. Then J. Allen Brack goes on stage wearing a pride pin which was also a political statement. I think that’s worth remembering. Companies can claim to be inclusive. But it’s actually much harder to show they truly are beyond just platitudes or wearing a pin. Companies will make all kinds of statements on social media if they think they can garner some positive press. But at the end of the day what they care about is their bottom line.

1 Like

“Anyone who disagrees with me is racist and homophobic”

Liberals

1 Like

So let me get this straight, if someone disagrees with you it makes them a fascist? Can you even define fascist?

Fascism is a far-right, authoritarian, ultra-nationalist political ideology and movement, characterized by a dictatorial leader, centralized autocracy, militarism, forcible suppression of opposition, belief in a natural social hierarchy, subordination of individual interests for the perceived good of the nation and race, and strong regimentation of society and the economy.

That’s republicans and conservatives in a nutshell.

2 Likes

ascism
noun
fas·​cism ˈfa-ˌshi-zəm also ˈfa-ˌsi-
often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Thats the merriam webster definition, you can have left leaning fascists too.

Merriam Webster isn’t very reliable these days. I don’t use them.

fascism
[ fash-iz-uhm ]SHOW IPA

:orange_book: Middle School Level
noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Thats Dictionary(dot)com. Same thing, doesnt say right wing or left wing. The key detail, is the suppression of opposition, which both the far right and far left do. Thats why when people say shut up people respond with fascist.

Dictionaries aren’t authorities on words. They are descriptive, not prescriptive.

why do you keep quoting things from that website? Can you just say what you need to say and stop talking in riddles?

Well of course it’s not pandering. Anyone who thinks representation is pandering is trolling or kidding themselves. It’s ridiculous to think that Blizzard shouldn’t focus on inclusion in soon to be 2023…

His definition of fascism was inaccurate, its not just a far right descriptive. If anything left leaning fascism is more pervasive since so many still exist nowadays.

Blizzard, if you could moderate your forums that would be great!

And not the left… that want to deplatform others… censor against opposing views… and list goes on ??

Fascism is a behavior done to suppress opposition.

There is not left or right. It’s the act of doing said thing that makes it fascism.

But we live in a world where people throw around the word like they do racist, homophobe etc. It has no meaning anymore if only used by the modern left to attack anyone who disagrees with them.

How can they not be prescriptive? If you can use your own definition of a word without a collective consensus it renders communication moot. A standard has to be maintained and thats what dictionaries, encyclopedias and other collective knowledge is for.

What opposing views are being censored?

“You know… those views…”

Hes prolly refering to how a lot of the left try to silence or have people ban from twitter, discord or the equivalent, or maybe get fired from a position of power or influence. The Right does the same thing, so its not like an unknown tactic. The easiest way to win an argument is to silence your opponent or render them irrelevant. Unfortunately a true democracy only works if everyone gets an opinion in on the discussion no matter how distasteful that opinion is.

I loled in real life.

Btw conservatives believe in less power to the federal government, which is literally the opposite of fascism.

Oversimplification. Greater power at the state level instead, and thus a resulting patchwork of legal craziness. From my experience, most conservatives - especially in my area - tend to be rather open about how their religion influences how they vote, and what laws they want introduced. Example: my residence was just re-mapped into a state Senate district represented by a very religious, anti-LGBTQ+ Senator.