It's not about LFR, it's about following though with what you started

It said ANY DIFFICULTY. Stop lying, liar.

6 Likes

There’s literally nothing for casuals to do. We don’t care about minor gear upgrades at the butt end of an expansion. Getting the slime cat in LFR was all we had to look forward to. This was an easy win for Blizzard that would’ve gotten a fair amount of people to resub. I just don’t get the decision.

I am starting to lose faith in the WoW team “learning their lesson” now because this reeks of the old ways of just leaving out casuals on the fun. We lose out on AOTC and raid mounts already, do we really need to miss out on more?

14 Likes

This is the way.

10 Likes

It’s quite clear, this is the same team responsible for all their past similar blunders too, so MS hasn’t taken over yet. This has Activision exec painted all over it, and they don’t care at this point. If I was MS, I would be keeping a close eye on how they handle the community MS will adopt.

1 Like

These three would also like a word:

11 Likes

Exactly, yet for some strange reason Blizz has this idea that doing this will magically either revive raiding, or bring back something that will never work in this situation because it’s not just one boss.

7 Likes

They make everything more inclusive, besides the actual gameplay. Nah if you’re a casual, WoW has never been worse than it is now and the devs like it that way.

Mythic+ ruined this game and will continue doing so because the devs love it, the casual play WoW was so known for is dead and if you want it you have to play FFXIV.

5 Likes

It’s out of touch executives forcing the design team. Has it written all over, because it’s so out of touch with the community. It’s just simple minded individuals desperate to bump a number up, they don’t get the real consequences.

3 Likes

This is the way.

5 Likes

Executives don’t micromanage changes to the game. Especially they shouldn’t be trying to squeeze a few more paid carries when clearly this will result in a long-term net loss of players.

Oh, when Phil Spencer said, “I want to see more people playing WoW,” did he actually mean “a lot fewer”?

So what happened? A few possibilities…

• They made a mistake when they originally designed it as “all difficulties”. Realizing this, they decided to “just screw those casuals”.
  • Somebody thought it would be a great idea to pretend that “friendship runs” were the majority of carries during wod, when actually an enormous number of carries were sold. See, they’re saying they are in favor of “friendship”, ie players who would never have anything to do with casuals who aren’t paying them will now do this out of the goodness of their hearts…nah.
  • They planned it to be a “bait and switch” all along, to get casuals to buy a 6 month sub and prepurchase before the hammer comes down.

Or maybe it was this:

• A GM spoke out of turn when he said it was going to be unavailable in LFR, but rather than admit a mistake, Blizz decided to change it. Hey, this’ll be a great way to get rid of more of those paying customers! The game needs fewer people who play the game for fun!
5 Likes

I used to be upper management, and I worked with people above me, obviously. Don’t underestimate decisions coming from people who have no idea about the circumstance. In other words I’m speaking from experience, not guessing.

2 Likes

that’s on them then. hopefully this is a lesson in not making plans around things that are subject to change.

1 Like

It’s the players’ fault for planning around what the in-game achievement said for months? lol God, you shills are something else.

14 Likes

when that achievement deals with content that has yet to be released, yup, it is.

The achievement is in the game right now.

12 Likes

I agree with Soul. This move just feels like blizzard hasn’t learned and will keep treating players badly with the bait and switch tactics.

3 Likes

but you cant get it right now, because it involves content that isnt out yet and is thus SUBJECT TO CHANGE.

1 Like

The big buff Tauren lady is correct here.

2 Likes

I don’t understand the argument that goes, “You should never prepurchase or buy gametime in advance, because you should expect that blizzard will do a bait and switch at the last moment.”

Are you really trying to say that everybody who prepurchased or bought the latest 6 month sub should have known they were being lied to by an untrustworthy company, and no one should ever prepurchase again? And they shouldn’t have prepurchased this time either?

I think that’s the worst takeaway of all.

4 Likes

All of those mounts are all a chance drop. This one would have been a 100% mount once the achievement was achieved. Just as the Molten Core mount and the Worldbreaker mount.

They need to put the mount back into LFR. To allow everyone a chance to get it. I don’t raid normal because of physical difficulties.

2 Likes