It's not about LFR, it's about following though with what you started

These are the same people who thought the hardest, and one of the largest, raids in history should only be out for 5 months - one of the shortest raids in history.

1 Like

This is true at higher levels, but there are plenty of lower levels raiding guilds that are still looking for players.

Especially since the friendship runs grew up organically (over 1 boss, not 30), out of kindness and camaraderie and wanting to do something nice and cool.

Trying to forcefully replicate over much much much more time and energy consuming content out of more of less spite (it was LFR but we changed it at the last minute so eff you is how it reads now) is not even in the vicinity of promoting getting the outcome they wanted , there may be some guilds running ones out of pity, but that’s a worlds difference from wanting to help out and do fun stuff for the community.

I suspect far too many people will be bitter and disheartened over the whole fiasco to want to participate.

It’s like your mom dies and your dad immediately remarries and says his new wife is your mom now and her kids are your siblings and you will love them and be the bestest of friends and it’s all going to be a great picture perfect mixed family.

(For those not in the know, this does not work, and will make your kid resent you)

2 Likes

The execs don’t know enough about the game to meddle like this.

Wow, the ‘elite raiders’ hate us so much they’re flag bombing the original post to hide it, even though there’s clearly nothing wrong with it. There really should be consequences for false flagging posts. Even if they’re legit going for the ‘there’s too many posts about this, so all post about this are spam’, I’m the person this whole slime cat situation blew up with. I’d like to think I could make a post about it. Ah well, whatever, in my experience the mods here are very fair so, I guess we’ll see. Just annoying to have false flaggers childishly jeopardize my ability to post here with no risk to themselves.

4 Likes

Not everyone I wanted the book. My son voted for the slime kitty.

1 Like

What do you even mean “plan”?! If it was lfr, there was nada to plan, just get on and do lfr. The only thing this change did wrong is the last minute thing, not because of the lfr heroes that won’t get out of their comfort zone, but because they didn’t let enough time for people to get gear that would allow them to get in the normal, bar getting carried or boosted.

But let’s not pretend they wouldn’t complain if they knew from the start that LFR was barred from getting the mount, even though plenty of mounts are locked being organised group content.

We aren’t talking about those. As I said before, I get that there’s stuff from raiding I can’t get because I can’t do raiding above LFR, and I’m good with that. This mount though specifically said that it was available from fated raids of “any difficulty”. That meant it was something players like myself could get. Then a couple days before the season starts they take our chance at it away for, really, no good reason. Nobody’s on here saying we should get Ahead of the Curve mounts, or any other raid mounts for that matter, from LFR. We’re only talking about the one mount that Blizz said we could get at “any difficulty”.

1 Like

You don’t know why it was changed and for all we know it was planned from the start to be barred from LFR. I said in the first paragraph (that you conveniently ignored) that the last minute clarification was the only bad thing, not that it wasn’t in LFR.

They actually took the time to add “any difficulty” to the achievement, which it still says in the Live game. It can’t be more clear what they intended.

1 Like

If Blizz doesn’t consider LfR raiding , then why is there going to be a fated version of it with a gear ilvl increase for it ?

3 Likes

Intended what, to correct a mistake they might have made? Let’s not fool ourselves, if the change was from normal to lfr you guys wouldn’t have batted an eye, even though that change would have had a lot more bait and switch consequence. Players wanting the mount would have had subbed back in order to gear to get ready.

And if the change hadn’t been made and it was still available from LFR you guys wouldn’t have batted an eye. How do I know? None of you batted an eye before the rug pull. Everyone assumed the achievements meant, you know, what they literally say and no one cared.

2 Likes

Correcting a mistake is not the problem.

People have been talking about it for months in various platforms Blizz interacts with .

If it would of been taken care of months ago because there is no way last week has been the first time it has been asked if getting the mount in LfR is possible, there would of been some back lash yes but not like it has been this week .

If they would of fixed it back then , those not happy would of gone that sucks and probably wouldn’t of resubbed until DF.

Call it a tin foil theory or what , but this happened after they got the current 6 month sub special and possibly the DF preorder money .

3 Likes

Yet none of you questioned the absence of a normal or lfr achievement. Goes straigth from any to heroic. That didn’t raise any red flag?

You’ve only yourself to blame.

No players are not to blame for the achievement still listing all difficulties but Kaivax saying differently.

2 Likes

Still no red flag on the exclusion of seperate achievements. Unless you think LFR and normal have the same difficulty… gasp wouldn’t that mean this change doesn’t matter?

All difficulties, it doesn’t say same difficulties.

1 Like

And the exclusion of distinct normal/lfr achievement should have raised a flag that all difficulties might have meant within organised raiding.

You guys can’t admit that you might have assumed wrong.

It doesn’t have an exclusion of any specific difficulty. What are you talking about?

https://i.imgur.com/3d5a3wT.png

1 Like