Its not about LFR.. Its about communication

And you didn’t read my 2nd part clearly.

Okay, I obviously did. “There would be an uproar about anything right now” does not have anything to do with them following through on their “bait.” It’s sidestepping the issue by pivoting to a different issue. But that’s okay. We’re obviously not going to agree on any part of this.

That part.

Okay. But many obviously feel it was a bait-and-switch, whether or not it was intended that way. It was not officially promised anywhere, and I agree with you on that. But someone who read the achievement text in the live game and made a purchasing decision based on the assumption it was accurate, is not making an unreasonable decision and would be understandably upset when that turned out not to be true.

Obviously nobody is entitled to the Slime Cat and Blizzard can do what they want with their game. They could delete the cat entirely tomorrow if they wanted. But putting the wording they did up in the live game generated confusion that they were late to clarify. And I think it’s fair people are upset by that.

2 Likes

Yes obviously people are unhappy.
Yes the achievement text wasn’t ideal.
But they fixed it before release and slime cat is a drop of water in the ocean that you get from the game.

As a response to this.
Are you aware that top developers read reddit, the forums and wowhead several times a day? They simply do not choose to answer because it would go again their own agendas. BellularGaming talked about an insider who told him about how the developers feel about us, the communication and the changes:

They look down on all of us. The 9.1.5 patch was part of the new blood who wanted to change things. The established developers do not see eye to eye with us. “Communication would’ve been even worse and we might not have had some of the changes you mentioned” has nothing to do with all of this. The game is first and foremost designed to be MAU-centric. They do not care about quality of life changes for the majority of players.

Just look at the rewards. The QoL-feature for teleport/warps (!) to the dungeons will only be available during the fated raids and for mythic raiders. In what insane world can something like this justified? Does this not ring a bell to you and how the community reacted in the past to this? What do you think will happen if only privileged people are allowed to use portals in the future now?

2 Likes

Thanks for the response. I will agree that 9.1 felt TERRIBLE in terms of players receiving the feedback and changes we were voicing. Honestly it was a blessing in disguise Blizzard had all that drama in 9.2 which caused a mass exodus from the game. It forced them to buckle up and start listening to players again to bring them back. I’ve noticed they have been fairly responsive to player feedback since and I’m hoping it continues.

I was a bit confused regarding your arguements about the portals to raids. If I’m understanding correctly, you’re upset that Cutting Edge players will be able to have a teleport to Shadowland raids in the future…? Honestly I dont see an issue with that reward. I presume it will have the same cooldown as the Keystone Hero portals which are like 7 hours long. Also, Blizzard has constantly gone back and forth between wanting players to “feel the mass openness of the world” rather than teleporting around. But if you really want the teleport, check out some guides how to min-max your class and start putting some applications in to Mythic raiding guilds so you can acquire Cutting Edge. There’s plenty of time left in the season; you got this champ!

1 Like

It’s more about the idea behind it. Why would anyone want to offer this to the 1% alone? And what if these are actual portals which only the “chosen ones” can use? The game rewards the top players already too much with the neglect in several parts of the game. People love to do the old raids.

Just PR-talk. I do remember hearing Ion Hazzikoastas talking at BlizzCon to an older woman, likely in her 50ies, who asked about more account-wide options and you know what he told her? “It’s about the journey the character makes” - which is rather offensive to say and deflects from the actual problem.

Same goes also for the “mass openness” because only RPers truly can appreciate this feature when they walk across the world. You can bring this openness up once or twice, after that it becomes a burden and takes away from the actual content to do. But same goes also for the lack of shortcuts in the older raids. And then also the lack of safety nets to acquire transmog/mounts. I believe people would be happier with the game if they aren’t treated as hamsters on a wheel but rather as people in a fitness studio.

3 Likes

having a teleport for getting CE / HoF is a very trivial reward for how much effort and time it takes to get. Let them enjoy it.

plus it takes minimal time to get to old raids anyway.

1 Like

Solos will really cry about anything.

1 Like

It’s not about the reward but the audacity to put a QoL-feature behind FOMO mythic raiding. They could simply add a few portals in Oribos for future transmog hunters but no.

I disagree with you here. Let’s take Throne of Thunder as an example. It is a far away raid and is only accessible by Monks who can fast travel from their class to the old monk training temple and from there to the Townlong Steppes to save on time. Every other person starts this day in the Jade Forest and it takes at least 7-10 minutes, excluding the short cut available for people who did the Thunder Isle quests.

Of course, other raids are close by but this isn’t an option for every raid… and it takes some time to get there and clear them.

1 Like

“its not about the reward” immediately mentions the reward

1 Like

Care to respond to the rest?

1 Like

Just a simple jar “Here is a jar of ashes. These are the ashes of my sanity, my passion, and my drive. All, utterly destroyed by themselves. May all those who look upon these desolated lands of Hellfire remember this fallen peon. He shed blood for the Alliance, and sacrificed for the Horde only to be driven utterly mad by the wicked and soulless ones who devoured what he held most dear. As they feast from his toils, may they suffer his wrath. Maybe not in this world, but in every world hereafter. It is my declaration, my solemn oath, and my everlasting promise. I will avenge my suffering.”

Oh come on. You don’t seriously believe this do you?

2 Likes

Thanks Maizou for your effort, At this point it shouldn’t be only about this topic but the lack of response, discussion and communication from Devs, If anyone check CC forums, there’s not new post for days or even comments besides Steve Danuser lore thread on which I think the Narrative lead will just post that comment and don’t answer any question or start a conversation…Still waiting for the livechats…really dissapointed with CC mechanic and Dev response, if they were busy with patches and expansion this kind of feedback tool was a bad idea, it only shows the opposite.

3 Likes

It’s not possible for him. Either he gets eaten alive for letting his team deliver such a poor quality storyline or he has to answer for his desire to make Sylvanas this important.

It’s a no-win situation.

Vote with your wallet and quit.

Well, I mean about the comment of the 3 years without any massive event on Azeroth, there’s a lot of comments about that, the conversation could be focus about that single topic without mentioning the poor quality storyline from previous events or Sylvanas.

1 Like

Blizzard does not care and this silence speaks louder then words ever could I have been reading some of the PR stunt forum posts and the ones that are important to many players have no blue posts.

They want us to go away and leave they want to kill a game before Microsoft takes over and cleans house it is called a scorched earth policy popular in WW2 when a certain man did it as his army retreated defeated.

Maybe this is a WOD 2.0 flying debacle and we players once again must stand united and say no more we have had enough.

3 Likes