"it's just prepatch"

Well pre-patch is over and the specs that were OP are still OP at 70, what a surprise. Hopefully we don’t have to wait months for Blizzard to do a balance pass.

15 Likes

I too expected everything to be miraculously fixed on day 2 of expac launch

20 Likes

Stuff always carries over and is still broken, but to expect tuning in a prepatch when the numbers are gonna change is silly. Take the month off if it’s gonna bother you that much.

1 Like

IDK how anyone can take anything seriously right now anyway.

The gear disparity between leveling stuff and the 411 honor gear is insane.

If you’re in 411 gear you can whirlwind dunk on just about anything. If you’re in leveling gear you just get slammed by literally everything.

How anyone can make any kind of confident call on balance right now is beyond me.

Gotta give it until the season starts up at least before you start proclaiming xyz is too good.

2 Likes

is this satire?

1 Like

No?

People in honor gear have 100k+ HP over people who just finished leveling and hit “queue bg”

It doesn’t take long to get the gear but the disparity between people who have it and people who do not is absurd.

Maybe it’s just been bad luck but the 3-4 BGs I’ve tried to do so far Alliance have had predominantly 300k+ HP people who 2shot you the second you go anywhere near them. Doesn’t matter what class.

If you’re just coming out of questing/have some PVE gear you’re sitting at like 180-190k HP. 190k vs 300k is a pretty significant gap I think most people would agree.

1 Like

Yea its leveling gear, even questing mobs pose a challenge in it lmao.

Not a real talking point imo

6 Likes

This is reminiscent of how we ended up getting templated in Legion. :dracthyr_hehe_animated:

6 Likes

Why do you think his comment was a joke? PVP gear has never scaled that high before from BG gear. My Mage is fully geared and is 435 PVP ilvl. Its crazy high jump compared to previous expansions and honor gear.

I remember shadowlands BG gear could only be upgraded once you got renown so it was slowed down/time gated when xpac launched. Right now its a bit crazy

because discussing the gap between quest greens and full honor set is funny to me man.

I have never remembered standing a chance, aside from legion, where i stood a chance in a bg in…leveling gear?

Like this needs to be discussed when they implemented 4 routes of PvP gear with gaps as small as 4ilvl between some tiers?

mind you can get full honor set in a day, pretty much a piece every bg win outside of weapons

1 Like

The tech is to halfway cap honor while leveling and be almost full gear when you ding 70

4 Likes

Oh for sure its always a huge difference. However it seems like PVP bg gear scales to 435 instead of 410 which it says on the armor and this expansion they dont timegate pvp gear upgrades on bgs. So its like 130 ilvl difference which is more than we have ever had before. Also the difference between conquest and bg gear is minimized in comparison which means bg gear is stronger than normal.

Its actual one shot territory.

I geared my mage today just while i was off with covid. Took like 4-5 hours was pretty quick but that was on alliance with reward buffs…

Either I didn’t articulate my point particularly well, or it went over your heard. Unclear which at this point.

I’ll try again:

Trying to discuss PVP balance right now when there’s no rated PVP of any kind and there are some fairly large gear gaps going on is pointless. All people have to go off right now are random BGs where there’s some pretty whacky stuff going on as a result of gear imbalances.

Anyone with full honor gear is going to feel insanely OP right this second pretty much independent of class.

When arena opens up and there’s been some baseline of gear established, things will feel far different than they do right now.

1 Like

Do you main a dh?

Well DH/DK/Rogue/Feral can all blink you out of existence in quest gear apparently.

3 Likes

Depending on your leveling gear… solid upper level blues? I went straight into bgs and was able to comfortably play at a disadvantage in tbc, wotlk, cata, mop…cant comment on wod as gear was weird. Didnt treally notice difference between greens and epics performance wise.

If anything mop was the worst of the bunch for a fresh toon… or cata due to all the bots. Just unfun

And its not just nostalgia. In wrath i just dinged 80 today. Doing bgs with 14k health happily killing players with 20-25k health. Granted wotlk isnt accurate for a lot of things. S5 in patch 3.4 or whatever is weird.

iTs JuSt Df PrEsEaSoN

1 Like

Took like two hours to get half geared tonight. It’s not that bad of a grind and since there’s no arena I’m just going to be sitting in BG’s anyways. Yeah, getting run over the first few times sucks but just put something on the second screen and go next.

1 Like

There is also a full set of crafted PvP gear which nobody is taking advantage of at the moment.

It’s a bit lower than the honor set in PvP, but should end up very cheap and will prevent people from getting totally annihilated in questing greens when stepping into a BG.

I haven’t been 1 shotted by DKs yet, but they are dumby broken in survivability. Once they hit 35% HP, they auto pop a shieldwall and increase their DS healing by like 60% so they can just live in that 35% range forever for a perma wall.

Locks are still tankiest thing though, can’t break their insane shield and dr before they just kill you.