It's Freedom Month for July

Sure do and I can either pick it up or have it delivered …I usually have my grocery orders delivered by them so of course same with the Jack…they just ck your ID and sign for it…

I dislike it because some fireworks sound like gunshots. :grimacing:

Paranoid side of Bari no likey. (I’m not a vet, just hate how they sound no different to guns)

If it was only one night of fireworks I wouldn’t mind so much but were I live they usually start a week out and go way past July 4th for about another week…it gets old real fast.

5 Likes

Yeah well my freedom this weekend was sacrificed so another could have fun.

Yeah sure I agreed to it and the double time I’ll be paid but just saying…

(But seriously no one else in the team offered to cover this persons shift so I did- he’s a good dude and I’d appreciate if he ever would do the same for me one day. )

I spent many a 4th with veterans struggling with PTSD. Do you have a local support group? Sometimes there’s a group gathering where cards are played within church halls and music is played because the acoustics within the church can over power the sound of the percussion outside.

Just a thought. Sending you high fives and hugs.

5 Likes

It’s been disclosed that it did absolutely nothing to stop transmission of the virus. We all could see that from the beginning.

My body my choice now and forever

Let freeeeedom ring! :bell:

3 Likes

Amen to that…wearing a mask is as good as a chain link fence stopping Mosquitoes coming into your yard…

3 Likes

I hear this is dependent on whether you have a uterus or not. I should also say, I’m already entirely aware of where this conversation is coming from and going to. So. I guess 404ville won’t be long in arriving.

4 Likes

yes surely MORE censorship is your only hope

I’m not censuring anyone. I just know what trend the conversation takes. It’s not like you’re oblivious to it either. You know that discussing politically charged topics is gonna nuke a thread.

1 Like

We have many freedoms in NC except the kind of fireworks we use. As in, if ain’t a sparkler…it’s probably illegal.

Also, South of the Border.

IYKYK

:crab: :ocean: :crab: :ocean:

2 Likes

For the first time in my life, I could walk into courtrooms, banks, Government buildings- wearing a mask… I really enjoyed that.

1 Like

I hear the grass is lovely this time of year :dracthyr_tea:

Oh also education is your friend a vaccine doesn’t stop spread it gives your immune system a better fighting chance against the virus what does stop the spread is masks and social distancing which weren’t properly enforced in America cause “freedom” is more important then your own life apparently.

1 Like

There have been many times when we giggled at what facilities we could walk into with an almost complete face covering. When before you’d get scolded for a baseball cap or hoodie :smiley:

This doesn’t make any sense, we were the ones outside enjoying life and Gods creations. You’re the people who cowered and fear and masked between bites at your local McDonald’s

:laughing:
Do you also tromp on people who wear balaclavas in/during winter? How dare they mask against the COLD?

1 Like

More money for you? Idk

Nah I just stayed inside and never went out for long as wearing a mask for extended periods would eventually cause distress :dracthyr_comfy_sip:

Not really afraid of it though at this point considering the amount of times those around me have caught it and yet I have managed to completely avoid catching it with no vaccine due to the PM at the time being an incompetent fool… I’m special I guess :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

As we navigated understanding if it was an airborne or tactile disease, masks were the most obvious barrier to start with. NOT because masks prevented viruses from breaking the cloth barrier, but because we are stupid humans that touch our face too much, if it was a touch transmitted disease, aka tactile. Masks were a great idea. But it was an airborne pathogen, which means your mucus membranes, including eyes could glean it. Still by wearing appropriate n95 masks, you could reduce the transmission and infection by about 30-40% which isn’t nothing.

1 Like

Freedom? Hahahahaha. It was also Canada Day yesterday, which comes first, and so it’s actually Canada Month.