It's finally happening!

Worgen Monks!

6 Likes

Don’t lke Lightforged to be monks to be honest.
Them believing and worshipping the celestials is so anticlimatic for their lore…

They literally have a mma fight, lightforge daily quest on argus.

Monks don’t worship the celestials, panadas do and sure that means some the theme carries over but never once have I as a monk since MoP beta see anywhere did they mention worship.

Xuen teaches strength is more than just physical but that comes off as wise teacher who happens to be a tiger wild spirit not a god.

The Red Crane teaching healing through combat and its entire temples in Pandaria reminds me of Thailand and doing Muay Thai. But again more a teacher not a god.

I never see monks as worshiping celestial wild spirits.

5 Likes

Meh, I have a female human monk right now but was debating on whether or not to race change her to a fat human (see Kul Tiran), but maybe will look into Worgen. Watching a werewolf bash people in the face with a keg and breath fire might be cool.

2 Likes

What will happen first. Worgen monks in game or Renewing Mist works again.

1 Like

At this point you’ll have Dracthyr monks before Renewing Mist is fixed and RSK stops consuming both charges.

But I still pumped for worgen monks.

About time I can fully embrace the tism that is monk

1 Like

Yep. I can finally die happy now.

3 Likes

I need a decent EST Alliance server to swap when this goes live.

mma fight =/= playable monks.

Because [insert race] just have fights without weapons doesn’t mean they are monks.

Celestials are indeed, gods. Wild gods to be more precise.

I mean playable monks invoke yu’lon and chi-ji or xuen. Probably not an extreme worshiping but tapping their powers, believe in them and their culture and learn from their teachings.
Playable monks aren’t just karate, mma guys or street fighters, it’s a class very tied with pandaria culture and beliefs. That’s why Lightforged, who are supposed to be Light fanatics who spent thousands of years fighting demons in space, are a bit weird to just step on pandaria and learn it’s culture, their beliefs and their way of life.

About time, been praying for LF Monks. Seriously whole time on argus and a LF Draenei never got drunk and b**ch slapped a demon? Thats like half the point of being a monk.

4 Likes

We can agree to disagree. :smiley:

And again nothing in monk culture is about the worship of wild gods / old gods / the light or anything. Monk is about balance between light chi (rsk) and dark chi (blackoutkick). Draenie are probably the most balanced of all the races to be honest.

But finally we have them! I’m excited.

You know I read that as WW changes, but then realized it was me just imagining it for a second.

2 Likes

I’m sorry but Draeneis have nothing to do with Chi at all. Like they can manage to use it as they can be monks and learned from the pandarens, but them being Draeneis have nothing special about it.
There’s no official lore about having light and dark chi. It’s just chi.

And yea monks are very related to the August celestials from pandaria who are, in fact gods, like it or not. You literally call to them for using your main abilities.

I mean class design doesn’t quite equal lore, for example tauren paladins have nothing to do with the light and instead they are just more akin to fire manipulating plate druids.

Night elf priests are generally just druids, it’s why tyrande casts moon fire.

Undead priest are exclusively shadow, as the light hurts them

Those are things that just comes off my head.

But martial monks has been a thing before pandas, scarlet crusade had them for a while

4 Likes

Wait till you learn about Brother Korloff.

5 Likes

Basically this. Just imagine a LF monk as someone who learned panda kung fu but still worships the light. It’s pretty simple.

2 Likes

Kung fu panda and naruto accepts all races

5 Likes

Playable monks are not even close to those examples.
Playable monks are strictly related to pandaria fight style, culture and beliefs. Pretty much why in all starting zones there’s a pandaren monk trainer. (When trainers were actually a thing).

Of course you can always rp that a lightforged draenei wanted to learn the monk fight style from pandaria for whatever reason… doesn’t make any sense to me but w/e

tbh races with hooves don’t make much sense to be monks but meh

Because it was easier to put just that instead of designing a bunch of different ones and was the excuse they used for why goblins and worgens couldn’t be ones either.

But like I mentioned with other examples you just so conveniently glossed over, it’s pretty close to the same

1 Like