It's disturbing how few warriors there are now

I’ve always played the classes/specs I liked, even if they were mediocre/broken or horribly gear itemized. I was primarily a Shadow Priest in Vanilla-Classic for heaven’s sake. I only switched to a Shaman main in TBC because I never played the class during my original 2004-2012 WoW run & wanted to try something different. My Priest is now a Holy-Disc hybrid dps/heal spec for the 60-70 trek, so that I can alternate playing the healing & dps role in regular dungeon groups, & to take a break from Shadow for a bit.

I always liked playing a 1hnd/Shield Warrior solo & questing, but have never been much for melee or tanking in a full group dungeon/raid setting (though I did it quite a bit in WotLK with my tanking Warrior). I really prefer to stick to range dps or healing these days.

I see plenty of warriors still.

I seen a guild called zhuanqian which literally mean earn money in mandarin not sure if is a gold farming guild?

It’s annoying to me because I was a hunter all of classic (hunter main since vanilla) and now I have to deal with all the new huntards giving the class a bad name because they don’t know the first thing about pet dangers (example they move faster when feared and grounding totems don’t work on them), utility, exc.

All they know is dps. And it gives the good hunters a bad reputation to compete with lol.

5 Likes

Having trouble finding WPvP victims, Mage? I see your game…but since you are Horde…carry on.

2 Likes

If you didnt reroll from warrior, and you arent a tank or have a guaranteed raid spot, you will mostly get ignored when you look for groups.

Sticking to your guns could just be playing yourself in TBC.

1 Like

I’m still here. I’ll never quit playing my warrior

2 Likes

It’s just not a great class in TBC. Medicore dps with no cc for heroics if dps spec. On the tanking side it’s probably the weakest tank. Rage starved and the hardest to hold threat on more than one mob. Sure they have good mitigation for raid bosses but that’s it. Paladins just aoe threat better and druids are somewhere in the middle with decent aoe threat, higher damage and great single target tps.

Pvp they are still a powerhouse with a pocket healer.

2 Likes

Imagine being annoyed by someone saying pump lol

1 Like

Is it easy?
Is it very rewarding?
Is it desired?

If the answer to all 3 is yes, then your answer is there.

1 Like

Could it also have something to do with how the playstyle has changed going from Vanilla to TBC? Personally, I didn’t like the feel of Warrior in Vanilla but loved it in WoD.

:pancakes:

1 Like

Ultimately we are here to have fun, and whats fun often changes from one patch to the next. especially true when you play to pvp

id rather be called fotm on some video game forum than be stuck playing something that doesnt feel good anymore

Idk. I guess I’ve played spriest and healer, restosham, lock, warrior, bear druid, and pally.

I find warrior to be very engaging, with stance-dancing, rage management, and even weapon management.

I can understand tho if you’re meaning just stand behind boss and press Bloodthirst on cd.

Different strokes I guess…

2 Likes

PvP warrior is definitely where it’s at

2 Likes

You are right but regardless of why they switched; they had to switch. Most of the raid slots for warriors (and rogues) will be gone at 70. Hunter is an obvious replacement because it’s also a physical class. Personally I’m moving to warlock, which I also like. I never chased the meters and didn’t even use one.

I, for one, am glad to finally have less people competing for plate + strength weapons. Seemed like every raid I did in Classic had another fresh 60 warrior or four joining each raid.

I might still swap to maining another toon, maybe even my hunter for true TBC nostalgia, but for now I’m enjoying the warrior.

Sad but true, especially in today’s modern parsing culture. I’m maining restosham here in TBC with my friends… but with the problem concerning BG queues…

I’m leveling my gnome warrior (currently lv63) so that I can pvp as arms and also get instant queues to boot! :slight_smile:

Exactly why anyone who cares about raid comps skipped playing a warrior in tbc

No threat management, no buffs*, no CC, minimal benefits other than an additional interrupt if for some reason you don’t have shaman, and most fights are not cleave friendly so it’s not even great dps.

So if you want to help your raid, and do a lot of damage you’ll go lock, shaman, mage, hunter, literally anything else.

*unless they wanted to be an arms warrior, which in my experience we had to beg someone to do because it’s kinda boring

1 Like

As op as warriors were in classic, at least they took more skill than shadowbolt spam…

1 Like

Oh please… what nonsense. Noone cares about the “good” hunters reputation or the “bad” hunters for that matter…

This whole “i was playing it before it was cool” mentality is laame

1 Like