It's disturbing how few warriors there are now

For the previous ~2 years nearly half the players in the game were zugging on warriors. “I just like the class” they said. “I like the playstyle better” the former-hunter insisted.

FFW to TBC and they’re like unicorns. Why? Because 75% of them never cared about the class or playstyle, they were only playing it for the ego-stroking meters. Now that ex-hunter suddenly & miraculously “likes the hunter playstyle better” again.

To me this rapid mass-vanishing of the warrior class perfectly encapsulates the twisted classic mentality that’s infected the game since launch. I’m not saying anything should be done about it, not even saying people should change their ways, just making a sad observation.

54 Likes

I kind of agree to be honest, a lot of people have no class loyalty and only play what’s strong.

I

3 Likes

Fair weather chasers.

2 Likes

Yeah classic vanilla was like watching someone remake twin peaks except they insisted on cutting out the intro and theme song.

Would love to play classic vanilla fresh with world buffs that fall off when you enter a raid.

6 Likes

It is a travesty that I may only like a post once.

1 Like

I do but it’s only because I hate leveling alts.

I’ll never die…

2 Likes

to the hunters point the playstyle does become way better in TBC also I love hunter and am on a hunter now. But Vanilla hunter was is a snore fest.

3 Likes

The only mages I’ve seen since TBC launched have had names like Qiangzhong and have been farming at the Throne of Kil’jaeden 24/7.

7 Likes

There are less warriors I have noticed this also. But thats room for other classes to shine.

I don’t blame them warrior is mad boring. I started playing a boosted Druid for the first time and the quality of fun I’m having escalated dramatically. Some people probably only tolerated auto attacking all expansion for dps, but now no more.

1 Like

I might break down and play one (again). DPS isn’t as cool as the cool kids said it was.

It’s sickening to see how many of those players rerolled lock as well.

As for warriors, I’ve learned a large number of them refuse to learn how to actually tank and quit when they found out they had to actually spec as a tank rather than just fury-prot through gearing.

The lack of meaningful fixes in Vanilla Classic really screwed up TBC from the get go.

Which is more important, loyalty to pixels or having fun?

9 Likes

2 of our Warriors stayed warrior and pump like Maniacs in Kara right now, it was definitely a desire to be #1 for classic, but do keep in mind some actually enjoy the class for more than meter pumping.

2 Likes

so warrior wasnt fun before? why play it then?

This really shouldn’t surprise you. The majority of players like immediate feedback on their effectiveness. DPS on dps meters is a way of getting that feedback.

Indeed, this is a major problem for raiding guilds because much of the time dps isn’t what the guild needs from your dps. Your priority is threat management, CC and debuffs/interrupts. Only once all that is covered are you concerned about someone’s dps. But parse-chasers skip all of the high priority activities they’re supposed to be doing and go right for blasting - and then try to point to their high parse as a sign of their effectiveness when they’re actually responsible for wiping the raid.

3 Likes

You know what’s fun?

Reading is FUNdamental.

1 Like

Still playing war. Just main tanking for my guild now.

DPS Warriors are still super good. We have a couple of them in raid, they seriously pump.