It's been months and covenant abilities are still imbalanced

When exactly does the development team plan to finally actually take onus for their actions and claims that we will get meaningful decisions?

Eg: Druid’s only covenant ability worth taking is the night fae one.

What if I wanted to play necrolord? Their ability is so terrible and so bad in comparison if I took it I’d be kicked from groups.

Please take responsibility for your game blizzard. You promised us covenants would be balanced and meaningful choices. The only meaningful choice right now is to utterly GIMP yourself or not.

23 Likes

On my warlock I just hate/loathe having to go Night Fae or Kyrian. Forest or Angles are not for a warlocks liking.

And it’s because the other 2 Covenants that would fit a warlock, are not usable dps wise. Only Necro for Destruction, but then Destruction needs a buff!

3 Likes

You believed them when they said they would balance the thousands of choices you have between classes, covenants, soulbinds, and conduits? Jokes on you Mr. 11 mage who can’t even pick a covenant.

4 Likes

Inb4 all the people on RP servers say

“if you’re not a mythic raider your covenant doesn’t matter”

2 Likes

And you actually believed Ion. Hahahaha.

7 Likes

well its to late now we already picked. no way to get the renown transferred

I have to admit that, when the expansion first came out, I was vocal in telling folks to pick what they wanted. I bought in to a lot of the narrative that the covenant abilities would not be egregiously out-of-whack.

I was dead wrong. If you are a prot paladin, for instance (or holy, I suppose), Kyrian is almost a must for divine toll. Whether or not the numbers bear out that this is ACTUALLY necessary in things like low level keys, the nature of this community means you must conform to that expectation or be willing to take a lot of stick.

6 Likes

Venthyr hunter’s Flayed Shot is still the worst covenant spell in the game; it hits like throwing a wet paper bag on the target. The night fae hunter spell is massively overpowered.

The devs said they would make sure things are balanced.

So why isn’t it balanced yet?

4 Likes

I am eating rice, which makes me happy.

I wanted to believe that they would figure everything out by release. But it didn’t happen! Oopsy poopsy!

Meh. I like being the only Necrolord warrior in the entire game. Makes me feel special :grinning::confused::sob:

3 Likes

Man if only they had month of Alpha and Beta with a large chunk of players warning them about this…

9 Likes

DH Necrolord would like a word with you. Fodder to the flame is in most cases not worth the button press.

2 Likes

It’s okay to admit that there are massive differences in power between covenants for certain classes. This is what happens when Blizzard continues to attach player power to outside sources.

Covenant abilities should’ve never been a thing in the first place

5 Likes

Wait covenants have different abilities thereby making them different for effectiveness and some people will pretend that is why they are doing less DPS or having issues getting groups ? Film at 11.

am necrolord on my druid.
have never been kicked from a group for it.

also this

and this

1 Like

Either Roleplay or don’t. Roleplaying is inherently not min-maxing. You can’t have it both ways.

What’s laughable is that people think blizzard actually plays the game hahahahahahahahah

It’s been 5 weeks since SL came out. “Months” is a big word.

And yes, there will always be best covenant for a specific class.
The only thing I’d say about convoke - it just needs PvP nerf. Not PvE.

That depends on your spec. RNG is bad for tanks. If you are about to die and Convoke is in a mangling kind of mood, then you probably aren’t going to make it.

For Guardian, Venthyr is the best defensively late-game while Necrolord is the highest sustained single-target DPS.

Sorry, no… Venthyr Warlock Impending Catastrophe is the only covenant ability that’s an actual dps loss to cast…

You literally do more dps having it removed from your hot bars, pretend it never existed…that’s the worst ingame.

2 Likes