Its apparent people want RDF

Cross server is literally irrelevant tho. They could remove it of course, and everyone would still be fine with it

Pro RDF people are trying to bypass the henious LFG channel, they aren’t pressed about wanting to be teleported or play with randoms on another server

1 Like

well if blizzard wanted to make an RDF without the teleport or cross server functionality, then that would be fine. one could argue that this is what they’re trying to do with the new LFG tool, but apparently that isn’t good enough for these whine cakes :cake:

Guess we will see how it turns out. I don’t really care either way. I’m parking in the sewer by the Q until the xpac is over

2 Likes

Cross server already exists it’s called Benediction it has over 30k alliance players on it at a time with a dozen layers running constantly. Servers don’t matter anymore. You make it “server specific” and you just push even more people into the largest pool of players aka Benediction Alliance or Faerlina Horde. If you don’t want cross realms in classic you’re already too late.

As for the teleport to dungeon, every dungeon has a meeting stone and only requires 2 members to travel. Is that really important? Is that why we shouldn’t have RDF? After level 60 you can have 2 people fly to the meeting stone and summon everyone. Does this matter to you? 2 people flying their mounts to a meeting stone.

How about low level players not doing dungeons because they’re way too inconvenient to travel to when you’re a low level without a mount? Is that a good thing? Value added to the game? People skipping content because it is inconvenient to the point of being a waste of time?

People choosing to solo quests and avoid everyone because it is more efficient than grouping and doing dungeons? That is the social experience you crave?

2 Likes

This is actually a really good point.

The relevant servers are so gigantic that nothing really matters socially. 12 layers and 30k players, of which most people know less than 0.01% of the server playerbase

1 Like

Rdf please and thank you

1 Like

Here ya go, rude little :clown_face:

This compared peak tbc and peak Slands raids.

…Rooking Dungeon For? the heck is with these abbreviations?

Because you are looking at it from the wrong perspective. They’re concerned with the social fabric of Fresh servers. In that context, and only that context, does it make any sense. I even sort of agree in that narrow scope.

But, that’s only a justification to delay it’s inception, which is why I think it will come eventually.

Although, I do worry that the classic team might feel in competition with the retail team or even the original team? Their ego might be getting in the way a bit here?

I don’t want RDF, if we are taking a vote. I played the original WOTLK and lived the RDF then, and it was miserable. I was honestly considering not playing WOTLK this time around if they put it in. Its not as simple as if you don’t like it don’t use it. If would become the default way to find a 5man, and everyone would have to use it, because everyone else is.

No you didn’t.

So instead of running dungeons, you don’t wanna run dungeons? Cause thats what you get with no RDF.

I dare you, go run a dungeon right now and tell me how long it takes… most people don’t wanna spend 30+ minutes forming a group, and a MAJORITY of the players play DPS classes… so make sure you form this group as a dps.

2 Likes

Clicking enter dungeon and being teleported is miserable. If you were to join that exact same group in LookingForGroup chat though, that is really fun. They can summon you to the dungeon and you have to walk 5 feet to enter the dungeon. It is like the best time I’ve ever had. So much fun! Knowing you personally get invited. Feeling accepted and welcomed by these 4 fellow adventurers, well lets face it they become your best friends by the time you kill that last boss. That all starts and ends with the LookingForGroup chat though, without that these people are disgusting filthy strangers.

2 Likes

did Blizzard ever say that people don’t want it? I think the issue is that Blizzard doesn’t want it. They want more interactions.

That’s a video from March, and the numbers simply do not add up anymore. you said the logs back this up, but they don’t…LESS players are doing Sunwell than current Shadowlands content…The logs prove this. Don’t insult people when your information isn’t correct.

It is correct lmfao you a clown fr fr sit back down

You’re wrong. I want to see this so called feedback that says people didn’t like the RDF in wrath.

But you’d have a choice: use RDF or manually form the group with your social groups.

Without RDF there is no choice.

It’s only said by people who didn’t play back then.

1 Like