Its apparent people want RDF

Why does Blizzard Claim otherwise? Looking at the forums and posts/replies its ovious alot more people want RDF than those who don’t. Why deny a population of players a tool they want to use, that was originally there, because a few people don’t want it. The people who don’t want it just don’t have to use it, Simple as that.

41 Likes

More people play Retail than Classic… think about that?

4 Likes

I don’t know if they claim people don’t want it, but they don’t seem to care. They keep talking about the social fabric, which doesn’t seem to make much sense.

15 Likes

people want a lot of things
i’d like 12 months of free subscription
can blizzard give it to me
i bet if you do a poll you’d get a majority of players saying they want this :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

If you dont like it, cancell your sub

4 Likes

Paint chips and powerlines.

3 Likes

I’m a people. on behalf of theother people like me, keep your RDF out of my MMO.

5 Likes

Brian is just stubborn and is sticking by this terrible tool because he is too deep in it now. I’m assuming people are just going to move to world chat to look for groups and the hot garbage Brian makes wont be used at all. If they were so adamant they didn’t want to use RDF why they didn’t just copy paste the retail lfg system is beyond me. They have probably wasted so much time on this junk while the beta is a buggy mess. GG blizz, doing an awful job as usual /clap.

11 Likes

AS to why they wont put it in? My guess is it would actually take work as the old code/function behind what used to power RFD no longer exists and there is no framework for it.

So…instead of re-writing framework to make an old system work, they would rather put LESS time into progressing the old TBC tool.

TLDR: its too much damn work, for what they deem is not enough payback. ITs a completely fiscal decision, albeit I think its STILL the wrong one.

why would I have an extreme knee jerk reaction like that? seems immature to suggest that.

It’s not an extreme knee jerk reaction , if you don’t like the changes and don’t want to play it that way. It’s also not immature to just cancel your subscription if you don’t want to play the bastardized version of what you expected and should get as a classic WOTLK experience. It may be immature to complain about it even after they said they absolutely have no intentions of ever implementing RDF though. Don’t get me wrong, I totally agree with your original post but we should stop beating a dead horse and either stop whining about it or cancel our accounts . I cancelled mine because I’m not going to plead with a company who totally ignores the majority of players and I’m not paying to play something I don’t want to play because of peer pressure. That’s all I’m saying. I wish you all the best, have fun.

2 Likes

not using an optional feature you don’t like should be simple but the anti0rdf crowd is also an anti-social crowd who don’t want others to enjoy their play time.

8 Likes

you will enjoy the game my way. capiche?

/does the italian hand gesture and everything

2 Likes

the forums are filled with people who want LFD because the people who don’t want it have nothing to come here to complain about. The reason forums are always toxic and nothing but whining is because those are the people fighting for what they don’t have but want. So pointing to forum posts as proof the majorit wants something isn’t an accurate sense of the wants of people.

4 Likes

LOL. You know who never comes to the forums? Casuals. You know who dungeon finder benefits the most? Casuals.

If you throw them into the mix the current 70% pro-lfd jumps to like 90%.

13 Likes

lol the fact that you think the casuals only account for 20% of the playerbase shows you have no idea what you are talking about. The people who visit the forums are, AT BEST, 5% of the playerbase.

I also didn’t say that there WASN’T a majority that are pro lfd. I said that you can’t use the forum posts as proof the majority want it (which is what OP did). In my opinion (take it absolutely with a grain of salt), I think maybe 15% vocally want it, probably 5% vocally don’t want it, and 80% just don’t care enough to comment on it.

Also for the record, I couldn’t care less and think that, at the current place our community is at… including RDF will have 0 actual downsides and only upsides.

1 Like

far more than apparrent.

1 Like

when’s rdf ?

2 Likes

Probably P2 or P3 depending on how quickly everyone runs out of things to do.

One of these things has precedent and the other doesn’t.

2 Likes