Its apparent people want RDF

I think most of the important interactions happen inside of the dungeon itself.

All this does is deny a quality of life change that was in the original version of the most popular expansions in the series.

When I played wrath the first time through, I didn’t see anyone complain about it.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

4 Likes

Whine much?

These forums are just the vocal minority of the player base. I don’t have the data either, but claiming that because most people on the forums want RDF, it means that the majority of the playerbase wants it is just wrong.

I would actually argue that most players don’t want RDF. Blizzard has that data, they have polled players, monitored game chat and forums and determined that this is the best course of action.

1 Like

Are you being sarcastic? I honestly can’t tell. You think the majority of players want no RDF? Do the majority of players not want mounts to exist? Do the majority of players not want addons? What other obvious conveniences do you think people don’t want? You think everyone wants 1 slot bags?

1 Like

No they didn’t dude.

They never took any of the playerbases opinion into account. They just said “not in the spirit of classic” (how they envision it) and called it a day. They never did a poll on it, and saying that they got data from any other source is mere speculation.

5 Likes

No, they dont. According to warcraft logs there are magnitudes more people raiding+pvp in classic. Warlocks alone in t5 outnumbered the entirety of retail logs for all classes.

1 Like

really? you dont remember? it took a week for it to turn to hell.

What turned to hell exactly? I remember I stopped walking to dungeons for 20 minutes and got to do way more content.

I remember I stopped spamming chat begging for a tank or a healer to come to my low level dungeon :joy:

2 Likes

do you remember the Brazilian players? the ilvl cheating? the dungeon-fishing? the queue-boosting? the off-role queueing? no?

perhaps the tank insta-leaving Oculus every run? bring back any memories yet?

1 Like

Dude you don’t have to go that hard
He said

From the original WoTLK i don’t really remember any of these being a problem. I remember a couple times where the tank left the run instantly, but we got a new tank within like a minute.

2 Likes

It is what you make it. How many times have you went into a dungeon and met someone you liked playing with and added them?

It’s pretty easy, use the tool to make friends and then Queue with them.

Tell me, what does walking to a dungeon add to the experience? What does spamming chat for a tank add?

1 Like

it exposes the player to the world (of warcraft).

MUH rpg needs it’s walking simulator…

We just have different opinions I guess. It doesn’t make either of us right. It’s all just preference really.

Why not add the tool and then you and others like you can still spam chat?

2 Likes

I’ll use the LFG tool from the city and get a summon to the dungeon entrance (of warcraft)

2 Likes

the babytalk convinced me. let’s add it!!!

3 Likes

I knew you’d come around!

1 Like

He loves the babytalk

1 Like

What makes you think that raiding (or logging raiding) and pvp are a decent measure of activity?

While I’m not sure, to be honest, how good or not it is, if I were to guess, I suspect it might be more accurate for Classic than for Retail.

In any case, would you be so kind as to provide some links, or an explanation as to how one would use warcraft logs to see the numbers of people raiding and PVPing in both Classic and Retail?

What I have been going off of have been things like these posts:

As of 2022, around 4.8 million people subscribe to World of Warcraft.
ref: https://webtribunal.net/blog/wow-player-count/

Last 30 Days, average monthly players: 5,560,501 monthly gain/loss: 459,054, loss %: 0.09, Peak Players in a Day: 500,445.00
ref: https://activeplayer.io/world-of-warcraft/

Subscribers: 120,538,541, Daily Players: 2,290,232
ref: https://mmo-population.com/r/wow

Which are all different, and I’m not sure how accurate any of them are, but it’s something rather than nothing, just as IronForgePro is something rather than nothing (raid logs) for gauging WoW Classic population.

Anyway, I don’t think I’ve seen any source that suggests anything other than there being substantially (exponentially) more people playing Retail than Classic, but I don’t know how to verify that. If you could provide whatever insight you may have, that might be helpful.

Blizzard did not poll the playerbase on RDF for wrath. Brian Birmingham straight up lied and said the players don’t want it, using a poll from vanilla classic wow to justify that decision. It’s pretty simple math, however. Boosts are 1 per account, if they hold off on RDF until P3, then implement it after the inevitable drop in boost sales, they can maximize their profit from selling boosts. Otherwise, everybody would just use RDF to level their alts through classic and tbc, because the social fabric is important when you’re racing through dead content to get to the actual place everybody else is playing.

12 Likes