Itemization in WoW Classic

You quoting somebody here? Should we care?

1 Like

Quoting myself because I posted as another character on accident. You should absolutely care that early raid content in Classic is going to be a total joke because said company is being lazy and cheap.

4 Likes

Nah, it’ll be fine.

1 Like

It literally ruins the end game of Classic… How is that fine?

4 Likes

Because it literally doesn’t.

You see. Just saying something over and over doesn’t make it so. It doesn’t even necessarily make others believe it.

4 Likes

Do some research to see just how much more stats every class will get, it is absurd. Lack of progressive itemization trivializes content because everybody is going to be significantly stronger than they should be

4 Likes

I’m part of the “no changes crowd”, but I don’t want a progression of patches as they happened back in 2004 to 2006; I just want the most complete version of the game, which the final update will leave us with (for the most part).

Not all players who are in favour of no changes want progression; wanting to experience the game content in an authentic vanilla state is different from wanting to experience an authentic two year time period.

Well, you wouldn’t re-tune Naxx. But you would at least re-tune the earlier raids so it’s not just another nerfed scholo run.

1 Like

Naxxramas isn’t the only part of endgame content. Some players can still enjoy, and want to play, the older raids and dungeons during the final meta; buffing those raids would give us something that is not vanilla, while doing those raids with 1.12 gear is something that did happen at some point during vanilla. The journey from launch to the final content update isn’t all there is to Classic; some of us will continue to play after, whether to re-run old dungeons and raids simply for fun or to level alts. It’s important to keep in mind what the final product we’re left with will be, and re-tuned raids are not vanilla.

1 Like

No offense, but this is biblical scale ignorance. The “final product” of 1.12 was a scramble to get as many players through the earlier raids as possible before TBC rendered them irrelevant.

If the raids prior to naxx are to remain engaging then they need to be as difficult as the were when each was released. Otherwise you are shortening the expiration date of the content of a game that will not be changing. That is folly. For all intents and purposes, MC, BWL, AQ, etc with 1.12 talents and gear is a nerf to that content. Therefore the content should be buffed to compensate.

3 Likes

Physically impossible, the major part of the difficulty was lack of knowledge, that can never be recreated.

1 Like

Personally, at the end of the day I want Classic to end in a state of accurate 1.12 balance, regardless of the difficulty, so we can just agree to disagree on the matter.

Also, saying “no offence” before telling me my view is “biblical scale ignorance” doesn’t make it non-offensive. I don’t see why there was a need to become insulting; it’s okay for us to disagree.

3 Likes

“Physically impossible”? Give me a break. It wasn’t all knowledge.

Gear stats and talents made them easier via Quicker kills and less threat management. Adjust the stats of encounters to compensate.

3 Likes

At the end of the day I want content to be as challenging as it was designed originally. So yeah, we absolutely disagree. The museum should be artwork and historic artifacts, not paint by number trash and piles of garbage.

3 Likes

Convenient unpin?

That good but… they should buff raid/5man accordingly, otherwise 1.12 talents + 1.12 gears stats will make 5 man to AQ40 content too much easy.

Even with progressive talents and itemization the content will be easy, so they should buff it anyway.

2 Likes

Still pinned for me. You might be able to unpin it just for you.

Still say this is great Blizz. Don’t listen to the “Classic must be difficult” cultists.

Games do not have to be difficult to be fun.

yeah…but then you get rid of all sub-optimal classes to compensate because they are now ACTUALLY hindering the raid by being there.

And no one makes anything but the perfect optimal class. And we’re back at modern wow with everyone being the same thing. (Just a bit more literally instead of every class playing basically the same).

There are no quick fixes and still be vanilla. The quick fix was called TBC.

You are right. Its not just about naxx and raiding. But in order to maintain the experience the dungeons also need to be bumped. Pre nerf scholo and strath were also a big part of the experience. Im not saying make them 1.1, but something in the middle.

Dungeons used to be something you could still easily wipe on.

For me, it wad never getting a version of vanilla but encapsulating as close to the entire authentic experience as possible. And i was not a proponent of patch progression either.

Vanilla as it was is gone forever. But what we are getting doesnt resemble the aurhentic experience.

2 Likes