Itemization in WoW Classic

They’re still in the game even now in Retail. Just not on a vendor.

Well, make a big enough stink and maybe they’ll be added for P1

1 Like

Your analogy doesn’t really make a lot of sense. Those mounts are in the game in 1.12. The items exist. Just not sold at a vendor at that time. But as you say…when the game launches we’re experiencing an earlier state. So why wouldn’t earlier items exist? Those items weren’t changed; they just couldn’t be bought anymore. It’s not a different version of an item.

So as much as they’re obviously aiming for an ultimate 1.12 state of Classic…I don’t see why they couldn’t have those original mounts for a limited time.

They weren’t on vendors in 1.12, so make I a stink I guess.

Y’all really love those ugly armorless mounts eh?

Ugly is subjective, but honestly… yes. It’s different for each race, but if you take Night Elf for example (spoiler, this is my main from 2004 so yes I was NE and thus biased) - that Nightsaber is heavenly.
Personally, I was also about 10 days shy of obtaining the gold needed for that Nightsaber before it was removed early in vanilla.

I will say that Blizz did a superb job when they made the new armored looking mounts, but I don’t understand why they removed the “OG” ones. I hope to see them in the game phase 1, but I understand if they are going full 1.12 and we won’t see them at all.

1 Like

Honestly, the ugly thing is no slight against anyone who likes them, I find most wow mounts ugly, I usually just use practical mounts like the waterstrider or the vendor mount, they need a flying vendor mount.

Has anyone made a list of the items most important to this change yet?

Not including the PvP armor and weapons I’ve seen:

• Savage Gladiator Chain
  • Bonereaver’s Edge

Does anyone have a list of other important items that are seen as benefiting largely from this change (outside of the PvP gear please). Thanks in advance.

This was a great read Kaivax. The development team’s decisions here are very reasonable. Thank you for the update!

1 Like

Awesome can’t wait to hear more classic news

I expect about the same % that raided in vanilla to raid in classic, if not even less due to age/commitments.

The PVP gear at the very least should have it’s stats altered by phase. And not receive it’s final 1.12 stats until the AQ phase.

Otherwise why raid at all when you can just PVP for gear better than anything you’ll be able to get from raids for months/years. Even just the armor is a major deal.

1 Like

At this point I firmly believe that to be the “clarity” they strive for. Which led to one of the worst vanilla versions of AV being chosen for classic.

That means no unarmored mounts. Good. They ugly

Can we all chill for a second.

There wont be BG’s in phase two. I guess we will be able to count r14 players with our fingers that made it just by open pvp. If thats even possible before phase 3.

Edit: removed statement im unsure of.

2 Likes

Glad blizzard finally put this issue to rest. Most of us said all along that we already knew we were getting 1.12 itemization. As it should be.

Really think you should reconsider what items are being gated in Molten Core and when. The discrete nature of six phases results in some wonky gating of iconic MC items only after the release of BWL.

Current thinking from Ion, for reference- https://twitter.com/watcherdev/status/1121853269033328641?s=12

Case in point, no one wants to do majordomo and get no loot. And no one wants to wait until phase 3 (BWL phase) to add half the items to the MC loot table.

1.4 Additions - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/383596812088639491/571421488167649303/unknown.png

1.5 Additions - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/383596812088639491/571421066925441044/unknown.png

I propose you add 1.4 Molten Core loot in phase 1 and 1.5 Molten Core loot in phase 2.

Thank you for posting Kaivax.

Yeah I know right? C’thun should be unkillable for 1 month or else Classic is NOT VERY CLASSIC!!!

…no, that’s dumb. Blizzard is re-creating 1.12, not re-creating patch progression from 1.1 to 1.12.

1 Like

In terms of content…they kinda are. C’thun won’t be killable in 1 month because C’thun won’t exist at launch. And a lot of items won’t. So if some items don’t exist for a while, why wouldn’t the inverse be true? And those original epic mount items do still exist in 1.12. You simply can’t buy them anymore. But at the state of Vanilla where the content matches that in Classic they did. So it’s not a stretch to say they could be available.

thanks for completely misunderstanding my post

lol

2 Likes