Itemization in WoW Classic

I think you have to take into account everything else that comes along with private servers.

You say its more authentic on a private server doing progressive itemization neglecting the fact they stack world buffs,consumes,elixers, flasks you name it which also diminish the authenticity of the fights and also neglect to mention that each of those things are widely and commonly used on private servers thanks to the high drop rate and dynamic respawns that those servers have for those very high end game materials and while yes Classic won’t have progressive itemization it also won’t have buffs up the wazoo simply because that just wasn’t possible.

1 Like

Private servers also get the internal cooldowns and proc rates completely wrong, and make a ton of other “betterment” changes.

Well, they did say they’re trying to bring back the community aspect of Vanilla…

Thanks for the update. Keep them coming.

I’m very disappointed.

A lot of items went through changes in stats, and in the case of tier sets, appearance, throughout vanilla’s lifespan. While some of these changes were made in order to make certain items (tier sets) better suited to how players played the game/their class, others received straight-up buffs to make them more appealing during the later stages of vanilla (AQ40/Naxx). Some good examples of this are the warlord/marshal gear, where they received significant buffs in order to make them competitive with Naxx gear. Another good example is Bone Reaver’s Edge, a two-handed sword from Molten Core that went through a ton of revisions, and is insanely good in its final form. Now the problem with all of this is that if players acquire this gear early in the server’s lifespan, they will become literal gods and dominate everyone. It’s like getting full tier 3 while everyone else is still in tier 1 gear. Furthermore, 1.12 itemization (in combination with the 16-slot debuff limit) will absolutely further trivialize raid content like Molten Core and Blackwing Lair - not an authentic experience, by any means.

I sincerely hope this decision isn’t concrete. The devs are better than this.

Objectively in the aspect of progressive itemization private servers that do it are more authentic in that aspect of the game then Classic will be. Are private servers completely authentic to what happened in Vanilla? Objectively they arent.

But overall 1.12 items are a nerf to all PvE content in the game.

3 Likes

We need a beta. We need a beta so the players can see what this does to the raid encounters.

Why is it that people moan about a few items being upgraded in game, compared to the elephant in the room which is stacked world buffs?

World buffs + increased access to consumables due to high populations > progressive items.

Because stacked world buffs won’t be a problem like they were in Private Servers. The Rallying Cry of the Dragonslayer only comes out once every 6 or 8 hours, not every single head turn in.

All the other stacked world buffs existed back then as well. We still will be going into UBRS to control the FR debuffers. We will be going into Felwood for flowers etc.

Also, what high populations? This ain’t no private server.

Thanks for the update. IMO this is the correct way to build the game.

Im just saying it is a small issue in comparison, really dont see what the fuss is all about. I am also pointing out that pservers had much larger issues but u dont see pserver babies bringing those up.

Literally hundreds of items got updated and added every patch in vanilla. There are items that where literally updated 4 times before BWL was released and their are items that where updated more then 6 times in the 2 years of Vanilla.

I don’t get what you mean?

The thing you stated as an issue, we’re getting exactly what Vanilla had. Its unchanged from everything we’ve been told.

You are not getting a Private Server with a 10k population and dynamic respawns, because Blizzard never did that. So Consumable access is as it was in Vanilla.

No-one’s complaining because nothing’s changed.

Thanks for the update, Kaivax. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

:cocktail:

So we are not going to see any Jay Wilson “and then we doubled it” type design where you try to account for the extra skill or advantage your playerbase has and blindly buff content?

Not a bad thing I suppose. Thanks for clearing it up. Great to know that overpowered items like lionheart helm and hand of justice are not going to be tampered with.

I would like to see them take into account the final form of items in 1.12 as they relate to content difficulty but this is next best thing.

That would require them to perform item balancing. If they’re doing that they may as well have thrown out the 1.12 itemisation and done it all from scratch.

…and they do not have the 11 database references. They do not exist, as far as we know.

Presumably Blizz could build them by hand but this would require them to GUESS at proc rates and spell effects. Which is simply unacceptable.

2 Likes

rekt123456

Did Blizzard make an announcement regarding the active population size for servers, or are you assuming this based on logical deduction? I thought I was up-to-date on all of the details we’ve received, but if I missed something please let me know.