Itemization in WoW Classic

No it doesn’t. stop with with that.

• C’Thun was infamously seen as unkillable until a hotfix in April 2006 prevented additional tentacles from spawning while he was vulnerable.

He WAS unkillable, mathematically and it was proven. Funny I just read something about this situation very recently, refreshing my memory of it.

Sharding confirmed. GG

Very good news! Good to hear. Thanks for the updates Blizzard :slight_smile:

Status quo. There have been no official statements of the actual server population, but discussion about sharding has highlighted that they wanted to ensure there was a similar strong population once the tourists left.

2-3k was a designed amount, not a server system limitation (that was about 4-5k).

Are you certain they don’t have all the databases?

What do you think this bolded text is meaning then?

When an item is added is publicly available information. ICDs and Proc rates are not. They can trust 5 sources who all agree, for a patch release on an item. They can’t trust the random guesses and arguments in the comments of a given item for its proc rate or ICD.

1 Like

I suppose there exists the possibility they have been lying to us. But as far as we have been told, they do not have all of the reference databases. They have some but not all.

Thanks for the update.

The communication from the classic wow team is spot on.

1 Like

During the BlizzCon 2018 Classic panel Omar Gonzalez said that they don’t have all of the original data, as the manner in which they developed patches resulted in some amount of data loss for some of the earlier patches, and that they have 1.12 and slightly before.

The issue is explained from 6:09 to 7:00 in the below video.

1 Like

Not unexpected, but many consider certain items to be horribly designed by the end.
Many blues from 5 mans are better than gear through BWL, and this will further trivialize 15 year old content that wasn’t really hard in the first place.

I hope this is happening with a full re-balance of all end game pve in mind.
Many Classic servers in the past had fully implemented gear re-itemization and while it was horribly clunky and didn’t felt like what a Blizzard product would be, it did keep MC and BWL from being absolutely rolled over.

I suppose that’s what the aim of this product wants though.
The truth about Classic PVE to finally be seen as it is, but at the same time I worry what future the game has without the challenging and renewable end game group activities that proliferate into things like the World First races or the MDI.

It will be using the 1.12 values for bosses as well as items.

World first races are overrated and what Retail has become. People spend more time watching Method, than playing the game themselves, because the game lacks replayability.

That is not what made Classic successful.

1 Like

Nope, don’t think so.

I mean, TBC is what made classic successful, if you want to look at things by the numbers.

I’m excited for Classic as well, but without many of the more end-game focused changes that came in 2.0, there isn’t going to be much to do with our characters after the content releases.

Most serious players will be fully geared and clear each raid in one week, and then what?

Back to speed running Naxx in an hour and a half?

I hope they have some plan to keep serious players interested, but I have a feeling that is the one of the goals of releasing Classic - to give an even playing field between the replayability and challenge of both versions of the game.

Vanilla - 0 to ~8 million
TBC - ~8 milion to ~11 milion.

How did 3 become bigger than 8 again?

Again with the retail mindset. Vanilla WoW had far more content that much of the player base never got around to, because there was so much content. People never got into Naxx because there wasn’t enough time to work their way up through all the tiers. Its not all about rushing to the end of the current patch raid and then you’re done.

Go do Cortello’s Riddle. Get yourself a Winterspring Frostsaber. Get an Admiral’s Hat. Continue to work on Rank 14.

Not even going to dignify that falsehood with a response of value.

Serious players from 15 years ago had a lot more fun because they weren’t just focussed on raid and log off.

6 Likes

Obligatory [Citation Needed]

Also, who cares? If people burn through content then that is on them.

Also “serious players”? Can you define this in your own words so we can point out how incorrect you are.

:cocktail:

4 Likes

You guys have been AMAZING with the information for Classic. Honestly it keeps me on my toes waiting for the game’s release!

I’m am more than content with you providing us with Classic servers and the game.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who is playing Wow now and keeping my sub for Classic. It’s not that I dislike the current game. it’s just I miss the community, server identity and everything else Classic will provide.

I’ve given a lot of my adult life to this incredible journey and I look forward to many more leveling my lock in Classic.

You guys rock!

Blizzard has said they won’t be re-balancing content.

Its amazing how many people expect to just crush AQ40 and Naxx40 “in a week” and be done with it…

This is going to go one of two ways… These folks are going to hit that content and be humbled… then enjoy the challenge. Or they will hit that content, hit a wall, rather than looking in the mirror, instead cry that classic is crap.

MC Ony and BWL? Sure… But AQ40 and Naxx40 are still challenging to this very day. You are NOT going to have entire servers clearing them in a mere week. Only a few select guilds per server will be able to manage that.

3 Likes

Alright, not here to argue about this. If you guys think Classic will have replayability for serious players, then I’ll take your word for it.
I don’t see it, but I’m open to giving it a chance.

To me, when all the content has already been done for decades and can even be soloed for this long, there isn’t going to be much challenge.
Without challenge, there isn’t going to be as much of a purpose to raid, and without much of a purpose to raid communities won’t be as vibrant as they are now - with thousands upon thousands of players competing to be the best they can be daily.

You may not think this is important, and I understand why, but I do. Its important to me, because I can’t just regress to a state of disinterest in maximizing my time in the game.
I can’t just pretend that I’m learning all about the game again. I’ve already played this game and all that content, so I don’t know what would keep me playing it for years to come again, unless they make it more interesting in some way.

You guys saying otherwise, I’d love to hear what your interests will be after 1-2 years or your characters being 60? What will keep you playing and engaged?