It seems people are losing it

I haven’t been reading these threads, because I’m lazy, but AV was a pretty huge deal.

The other day I mentioned that it took me weeks to level from 53 to 54, because all I did was just play AV. My friend, who got me into the game, asked me when I was finally going to get 60 so I could go to molten core, and I just didn’t see a point to going to MC or leveling up because I could already play AV, the best thing in the game.

I can understand why people would be mighty upset that AV isn’t going to be the thing they loved.

12 Likes

I don’t get why people don’t understand. Multi-day AVs were a BUG NOT A FEATURE!

AVs so long the druids and ramriders respawn

I enjoyed it, and there’s nothing you can do about it.

4 Likes

WOHOHOHAAA IM NOT LOSING IT I"M JUST A LITTLE BIT :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

:heavy_dollar_sign:

I’m disappointed we won’t have Korrak. Most battles will last under an hour, regardless of which version they go with. That has all to do with modern player mentality, an older version of AV won’t change that.

1 Like

They had been working with exterior level designer James Chadwick on size tests for a PvP zone called Alterac Valley. This zone would offer a whole new way to play WoW, and the plan was to create enough variety in gameplay that players who didn’t want to directly confront enemies could still contribute to the war effort by farming monsters that would eventually unlock NPCs, which could turn the tide in the forty-vs-forty battle.

• John Staats ‘The WoW Diary’

AV was designed with pve as much in mind as pvp. It was made for players who didn’t even want to pvp. It was a giant pve-centric battle that players also took part in. That is the original concept. Of course by 1.12 it’s two armies passing one another from opposite sides of the map in a mad zerg to see who can kill the General first. Is that indicative of the original intent? I’d say no. It’s what players get from AV right now, and it’s what they’ll get from Classic AV as well.

12 Likes

except this is all wrong >.>
People wanted classic because they wanted the Nostalgic aspect, not the whole ‘1.12 is what we are basing everything one,’ this already means they IGNORED the whole reason for wanting Vanilla wow.
The nostalgic that people remember WAS the day long AV, not this ‘wait tell T2 (maybe lower) and just Zerg in AV because there is no reason to turtle as you wont guarantee a win’ AV.

There is clearly other things and some, while should be added regardless are understandable, losing the reason why people wanted classic is just sad.

The reason why everyone was advocating for 1.12 was only for itemization and class balancing as it was the most ‘balanced’ patch for those two things, everything else (on PS where they based it on players opinion who actually enjoy classic) has slight changes, but AV was more or less 1.0, or possibly 1.5 (seem they still had mines but dunno what patch it is).
Does this mean we all want 1.0 or 1.5? well no, the vast majority of people want and prefer a longer and more drawn out AV, which is easily do-able as it’s still ‘classic wow.’
Also 1.12 means little to nothing considering we are getting content patches so getting and older version of AV that’s more nostalgic (like people remember) would actually be far better then pure 1.12 as more hard core and almost half the casuals at the time remember older iterations of things.

4 Likes

Hate this line of reasoning. It basically says “If you didn’t play from the start you didn’t truly play Vanilla and therefore your opinion is invalid.”

2 Likes

You have NO CLUE what the TRUE Veterans of Classic AV are taking about. You are going to get the AV that was updated before the reinforcements was put it. I played AV from the moment it was released. I have been through all the changes over the years and the true experience is patch 1.5

You know once we get this water down version of AV there is no going back.

As a PvP Classic Veteran who spend over 3 1/2 months at 12-15 hours A DAY making rank to Marshal, I KNOW along with other AV veterans what the true AV classic experience is and this is NOT it.

Too many things was removed:

1.8:

• Winterax Hold removed
• Wildpaw Ridge removed
• Syndicate NPC’s removed
• Mine Layers, Landmines removed
• Shorter battles

1.10:

• Korrak the Bloodrager removed
• Portable Shredder Unit removed

1.11:

• Tower/Bunker Guards removed
• Most Patrols removed
• Most Standing Guards removed
• Ridiculous short battle

I really can care less about anything else in Classic, but when you start messing around with the loving AV that I remember, I’m out.

6 Likes

“Only we who have played the 1.5 version of AV may have an opinion on this.”

4 Likes

What’s wrong with wanting the authentic Vanilla experience that Blizzard promised?

3 Likes

1.12 AV is authentic Vanilla.

4 Likes

That’s not true Dawnspirit, i think your opinion matters like everyone else.

2 Likes

Hopefully, the 1.12 AV angry anger folks will have the raw conviction to stay un-subbed or in BFA or w/e.

Classic is here, we won. Crying over minor components with a chicken little mentality is petty and sad.

But we all know they’ll cry and pay and play just the same.

The only issue I have with using the easier version of AV is that the rep rewards are awesome for almost every class and it makes grinding rep trivial compared to the other BG factions.

One AV weekend is usually enough to hit revered casually, especially if you save quests and turn-ins, exalted might take a second weekend.

AB and WSG were brutal rep grinds. I remember one horde pre-made keeping the same WSG game alive for hours so they could camp GY to farm honor.

Im on the old av side not because i give a hoot about it. But because if they look at this they may want to revisit retuning and threat.

2 Likes

That is actually something worth getting hyped for.
That which vanilla PSs are already offering? Not so much.

1 Like

Doubt it. Early AV has been asked for since they began nerfing it way back during vanilla. This is not blowing over.

5 Likes

If you used an emulator and own all the games it is a very similar experience. Halo combat evolved is already available anyways which is really the only one worth playing. If they don’t keep all the additions CE adds, then you should buy it separately for good multiplayer fun.

Soooo you never played original AV.

Ok, got it.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

4 Likes