It is time to give the Alliance actual playable High Elves!

If there’s ever an old world update again i want to see Dalaran back in Hillsbrad and officially rejoining the Alliance permanently. It’s the perfect place to be the Alliance Thalassian Capitol. And the Alliance post BFA has made significant landgrabs in the Northern EK. Retaking Stromgarde, Southshore & Southern Silverpine. So it would make sense that Dalaran could potentially return to its old spot safely.

3 Likes

And void elves were given new options on 2 separate occasions before any other. No matter what way you slice it, it’s special treatment.

5 Likes

They received blood elf copy / paste for RP a high elf.

They have not yet received their new customizations like the others (hairstyles, beards, jewelry, tattoos ect …). :wink:

4 Likes

Not gonna read alllll the replies, but I support Sara on this case.

Offer all Void Elves a free racechange so they can be High Elves if that was their goal of rolling Velf. Give Void Elves their identity back and High Elves their own platform. Win-Win.

Ofcourse, we’d have ‘OMG TOO MUCH ELVES’ but… eh.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it! I’m sorry I thought Darkfallen was another word for Dark Rangers! I know about San’Layn. Thanks for the correction though, I’ve edited it to say Dark Rangers on my post now xx

The problem that I see with this Anansi is that Half elves would most likely be based on the human model. So there’s a chance that they will just be humans with elf ears. Otherwise, they would ideally need to introduce another rig for them, a bit thicker than the Thalassian rig, and thinner than the human rig to represent that mix. And while it would serve us all magnificently for the entire human rig to be modified to not be so thick and bulky (and with better running animations) so as to also support Half elves, we know that Blizzard loves taking the path of the least effort. So adding elf ears, some re-colours and some hairstyles from thalassian elves is more likely to happen, and a Half elf separate tooltip race be added under the Human main category is more likely to be the case.

So I see it more as an extra customization option for Humans, or a human sub-category if they merge some ARs with their CRs. There was a youtuber who made an incredible video in which he included half elves in the human rig I think, but I can’t find it right now.

So, to summarize:

For tidiness, RP and lore purposes, Blizzard should merge several ARs with their CRs in the form of sub-categories. The sub-categories will usually have some unique cosmetic characteristics, but that is not necessary. The main differences will be political. D&D style races, here I cooome:

Humans → KTs, → Half elves
Orcs → Maghar Orcs, → Fel Orcs
Dwarves → DIDs, → Wildhammer Dwarves
ThalassiansAlliance: Void Elves → High Elves, Horde: Blood elves → San’Layn
Forsaken → Dark Rangers (so both Blood elves and Forsaken will have a thalassian elf rig option if they wish)
Draenei → LFD, → Eredar
Trolls → Zanadalari → Forest Trolls
Tauren → HMT
Gnomes → Mechagnomes

5 Likes

They do have an impact.

Not just them, but also the identity of void elves, which high elf players gives 2 ooken dooken about.

Cools, come visit my thread sometime and give it some love;

The only void elf there was before the void elves was released was alleria but they made them anyways…

You guys keep using that sad arguement lol.

Not blood elves, given to forsaken.

I have a thread asking for both Half elves and to give them their own model. It would make little sense for half elves too be to far one sided on either side of the spectrum and should have it’s own personality/posture.

1 Like

Is that why they have two themes ? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

They have 2 themes because a bunch of trolls annoyed the entire cosmos pining for them to be something they are not.

1 Like

The trolls are more the ones who are still there polluting the HE / VE threads, repeating the same things.

That won’t stop the Void Elves from receiving their new customizations.

you mean like you guys polluted VE with your HE requests?

And are you so illusioned that VE’s didn’t have their pass that you think they will get a 3rd pass?

Cause they are not.

1 Like

It never ends. :clown_face:

3 Likes

Because their new customizations will surely be based on the theme of the void.

2 Likes

At this point I’d rather Blood Elves become neutral and give the horde Ogres.

1 Like

yeah, when we get another pass in the next few expansions. We are not getting another pass in SL.

This is true. Probably. I do wish VE would’ve doubled down on void. Would’ve been a lot cooler.

5 Likes

This is happening because haters at the dev team decided not only that they would not give high elves to the Alliance, but ALSO that any Thalassians the Alliance gets would just look blue. No starcursed highlights or astral white and black hair, no void themed tattoos, no N’zoth eyes, nothing. Just blue hair, and very little lore. And to top off the insult, Blizzard made the most beautiful city in the entire game, Suramar, join the Horde through the Nightborne, and Void elves only got some tents in some cosmic deserted island.

Well, no. Ofc people will not be happy with this. I hate seeing my favourite faction always be the child of mockery by Blizzard.

4 Likes

There are still at least 2 patches (9.2 and 9.2.5) left before the end of SL.

We still have time to see what Blizzard has in stock regarding Allied Race customizations.

1 Like

Add Taunka to Tauren :slight_smile:

And Leper Gnomes to Gnomes! :smiley:

2 Likes

And that won’t include a 3rd pass for void elves bruh. There is 10 allied races, only VE, LFD, and NB had their passes, the rest still need to have theirs. It won’t be fair, nor right, for VE to get another pass before any of them.

1 Like

I mean nobody said other races are not entitled to customization. Just saying that Void elves didn’t get any new and unique customization.

3 Likes