It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

Is Skyrim a better game with or without addons/mods?

2 Likes

It should be in the gameā€™s default function.

Theyā€™re right, though.

if we did not had mod for skyrim that game would been dead in a month
new expansion weapons heck going back to morrowind with the skyrim engine

1 Like

I didnā€™t know Skyrim was a MMO

4 Likes

Addons have been, and continue to be, what pushes WoW devs to add things into this game. Especially QOL features. Any player worth their salt can attest to this. Itā€™s literally free dev/testing for the WoW team.

There are many current functions that were once addons, but now are baked into the gameplay. Saying something ā€œshould beā€ is the lazy manā€™s way of pointing the finger.

12 Likes

1000X better with the mods
first time player should play mod free then go ham

Elder Scrolls Online. The developers literally turning Skyrim [and other ES games] into an MMO.

That isnā€™t Skyrim but okay lmao

3 Likes

Asmonbald at it again?

2 Likes

I mean. They are right though. At the very least ā€˜not wrongā€™.

World first raid kills are vastly less impressive if they are done by a bunch of people who make it their job to get them. You can call add-ons a crutch in the sense that they are heavily relied upon. In some cases they arenā€™t just expected but are required by groups to effectively do the content.

But there are more addon than raid ones. This would also ban roleplay and quality of life mods. So I definitely wouldnā€™t ban them.

1 Like

Neither is LOZ:OOT yet players figured out a way to enable multiplayer in a shared world. ::

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQVsIFrcgEk

The point being customizing your experience is a good thing in games. The only games where itā€™s a bad thing is competition-first games, like LOL, DOTA2, and CS. WoW is a casual game with competitive elements. AddOns are fine.

4 Likes

Why do you people insist on beating poor dead Blanchy with this stick?

5 Likes

Itā€™s time to make people post under their btags instead of their random alt. Myself included, Iā€™d troll less :slight_smile:

2 Likes

functions like accessibility tools should definitely be baked into gameā€™s default functions.

Over the years, Blizzard has add ā€œcolorblind modeā€, ā€œtext-to-speechā€ etc. which is a good direction.

The reason to ban ALL addons instead of certain types of addons (combat addon like DBM, etc.) is that, all addons are equal, all addons functions in the same principle at base level, and all addons makers should have the same treatment.

It will be unfair and ineffective to ban certain addons, because other addons will take their place eventually.

3 Likes

because they got declined from LFG or pugs
or lied about how good their dps was

3 Likes

Blizzard themselves have said they want to move away from the ā€œaddon requiredā€ mentality in regards to raid boss fight mechanics.

I would rather a fight be a little less mechanic heavy, so you donā€™t need DBM listing countdowns for 6 different mechanics that are about to happen. Complexity doesnā€™t always equal fun, or challenging.

Sometimes, it just ends up being annoying. Remember The Coven of Shivarra? That fight is a perfect example of too many mechanics that end up being annoying.

4 Likes

why though?

when the vast majority of people donā€™t need the functionality an addon provides, baking it in is just bloat. having the tiny fraction of people who want/need that functionality get it via addon is better.

Banning addons is a dumb idea that Iā€™m confident is never going to happen.

1 Like

Considering this is my main and the toon I post on btags wouldnā€™t change the level of snarky derision of my posts.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s no need for anything further in this QQ thread.

2 Likes