It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

when blizzard tries to intergrade add-ons into the game they tend to break for a week to month

additionally, when blizz tries to integrate addons into the game, we lose a ton of functionality.

bringing addons in the game is bad for everyone except the technologically inept.

3 Likes

I have introduced a lot of new people to WoW over the past 5 years, they are having a blast playing it. None that have choose to use Add-on have not had any issues in doing so. So your assumption that somehow add-on ruin the game for new comers or are too difficult for them to understand is wrong. Also the game still has it charm to new people who play it for the 1st time with people who actually engage with them.

2 Likes

Rwf has absolutely nothing to do with you or 99.9% of the rest of the population. Why does their ability to code addons matter to you whatsoever? Play the game, enjoy the addons and quit complaining over nonsense that will not stop.

1 Like

Let me be clear, I donā€™t hate customization. I perfer wow to be a ā€œstandardizedā€ game with basic functions integrated.

It gives players a lot of convenience when played on multiple devices and different locations.

E.g. You visit your friendā€™s house and want to play some games together:

Playing Starcraft: Log in - Play (the game has no addon, everything is saved and sync with your battle.net account)

Playing WoW: Log in - download 20 addons - set 20 addons - too bothersome - give up

Playing WoW on a new device is a traumatic experience, because of addon management.

Removing addons and integrating into the game itself is a QoL improvement.

But you are advocating for customization to be removed.

Oh yeah. The ol WoW Lan parties where you dont use your own PC that totally happen and are a real thing.

You ruining my experience is not a QoL improvement.

4 Likes

That seems like an incredible exaggeration - and if someone actually does experience genuine trauma fromā€¦ setting up addons on a new computer, then uh. Something else is going on there, entirely unrelated to addons, and in desperate need of some medical attention.

We really shouldnā€™t be calling minor annoyances ā€œtraumaticā€. Itā€™ll lose meaning the same way the word ā€œtoxicā€ has.

3 Likes

Orā€¦and hear me out on thisā€¦

You could just go play a MMO that specifically does not allow addons.

There are plenty of them out there.

I donā€™t care about weakauras and dbm or whatever. They can ban those and I would not miss a beat.

I use consoleport, it is an absolutely wonderful QOL addition to the gameā€™s built-in controller support, and the day I canā€™t use it is the day I stop playing WoW.

Your suggestion to purposely ruin my gameplay experience because you watched a streamer complain about weakauras is silly and Iā€™m glad Blizzard does not listen to people like you.

2 Likes

??? LOL

I am not talking about LAN parties or offline tournaments, but visiting friends/families.

Is it so unimaginable for you to play games at friendsā€™ and familiesā€™ place during the stay???

And who the hell always brings his pc when visiting friends and families??? Ridiculous :joy:

Its fairly unimaginable to go to someone elses house when you visit them to plat WoW on their PC.

While I am sure this did occasionally happen, its such a rare circumstance it isnt worth taking serious.

If I plan on playing computer games at a family or friends house, I bring my laptop. Bringing your PC with you when you plan on playing video games is not any more ridiculous than your suggestion. Its quite a bit more sane.

2 Likes

Anyone who is playing WoW seriously enough to install addons in the first place is NOT playing WoW on a fresh installation on someone elseā€™s computer when they visit friends and family.

Full stop.

What an incredibly stupid and unrealistic hypothetical.

Itā€™s clear now that the OP is just trolling and deserves no further attention.

5 Likes

I didnt see a single person express this. (read the comments).

But great job, New Forum Alt.

1 Like

The line between trolling and ignorance or insanity grows ever more blurry with each passing day in this crazy world of ours, so itā€™s hard to say anymore. I donā€™t think they are trolling, but I do think that they are being ignorant.

This is the most delusional ā€œā€˜mad because I feel left behindā€ post Iā€™ve ever read.

2 Likes

This is specifically the reason that I bought a gaming laptop instead of a desktop.

I dunno man. ā€œhey can i borrow your computer for an evening and download like 100gbā€ seems like a pretty rational thing to do tbh

3 Likes

All those other games that donā€™t need addons survive 5 years or less with half the user base of wow.

I just wish there was an easier way to change ui without having to learn how to do it myself.

Like having different options to choose from for a mythic plus ui, or pvp ui set up.

oh shoot, is it that time again? :alarm_clock:

um, I donā€™t use addons specifically for that reason. Thereā€™s no way to input a custom UI without addons- even with the UI changes.

Something I was working on a while back. My own artwork with kgpanels and WA. The video quality is crappy.