It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

Ofc you can download it directly. but that is not what most people do, a 3rd party manager is much more convenient.

Hence, we had this sheetstorm history among 3rd parties (overwolf / twitch / curseforge / wowup).

I wouldn’t quit but I would really miss TomTom.

1 Like

Counterpoint: No.

2 Likes

Pretty sure the rp community alone can force blizz to always allow addons. They just need to say how much they paid for mog and race changes/faction transfers/name changes etc and blizz would bow down lol.

so youre saying the dev team is less than semi competent since they allow addons?

which, factually, is literally NONE of YOUR business.

lmao.
LITERALLY the reason why addons exist is to facilitate some part of game play, son…so ‘perfectly’ is an absolute statement of hyperbolic rhetoric.

5 Likes

Anti add on player wants everyone to play the way they do, got news for you op add ons are here to stay. I don’t dislike players who play without add ons, but I do dislike players who want everyone else to play the way they want to.

Everyone deserves to play the way they want, but the disability player base uses these add ons as well.

3 Likes

nonsense
The download time is the same.
Grabbing a folder and dragging into my addons folder MIGHT take an addtional second or two lmao

3 Likes

You do realize this

Contradicts this

You can’t play both sides of the fence if you want anyone to take your argument seriously.

9 Likes

Yeah, no.

Don’t like add-ons, don’t use them.

2 Likes

I mean when you can extract the compressed file directly into the addon folder it doesn’t get much simpler.

2 Likes

Banning QoL addon? Wow,run a modern game with out them is like driving down a road in the dark with no headlights.

Trust me I ran the game for two year knowing nothing about addon,then bro, told me where’s your addons. The shock! oh what a difference.

4 Likes

Imagine wanting something banned from the game that is optional.

9 Likes

We are well past that point.

3 Likes

Exactly.
I have a shortcut to the addons folder on my desktop.
its as simple as download the file > open the file > drag content to the addons folder

lol.
and since we have to update them less than half dozen times in a given year, its literally a pointless point to even bring the time to do it either way into this discussion.
its literally irrelevance

1 Like

I know. But I wouldn’t feel like I was doing my part to help society if I didn’t try to enlighten the Op on the finer points of civil discourse.

1 Like

I said addon manager more “convenient”, not the speed.
Your reply itself proved that it is more convenient, because it doesn’t need dragging…
such a weird reply…I don’t know what you are trying to say, beside agreeing.

lol you gave me a good chuckle, thank you.

Good on you, but this feels rather uncrusty tbh.

Probably pointing out the inaccuracy of your initial statement.

1 Like

It’s really not, though.

:point_up: :point_up: :point_up: :point_up:
THAT…is one of the bigger annoyances with this community.
“I dont like it, therefore remove it”

The self importance that requires is eyerolling.

6 Likes