It is Time to Ban WoW Addons

That isnt the logs’ fault. WCL is just a tool, blame the tools who don’t know how to utelize it.

1 Like

Its time to ban level 10 alts from the forums.

9 Likes

They did a bad job last time, doesn’t mean that they can’t improve it in the future.

And they are not all bad. I think the in game item level works better than old “gearsore”, in game quest tracking is better than “Quest Helper”

They can do things better, but 3rd party addons remove the need to do it.

Please make your suggestion on “support” forum. This is not the right place and I don’t think Blizzard will see it.

How many add ONS can a level 10 actually use?

1 Like

Sure, and not needing to focus on integrating the thousands of 3rd party addons gives them more time to design the game. Lotta people like to point out how little content we get from patch to patch, and you think Blizzard writing all those addons into the game is going to help this situation? Really?

3 Likes

And if addons were banned then those never would have existed in-game.

At least think your troll posts through, chief.

I mean, the official UI is already lightyears behind ELVUI. One tab in the addon has more customization than every aspect of the official UI in the interface settings.

It’s also easier to parse and change what you want, and you can save multiple profiles, and change how it looks based on whether you’re raiding, questing, or PvPing.

WoW’s default UI is terrible, and the few things they showed at the Dragonflight preview are things that most addon UI’s have had for a decade.

2 Likes

No, of course they are 2 separate things.

Just like Blizzard probably has different teams for encounter design and system design, etc.

And obviously they don’t have many people working on UI atm. But improvement can be achived over time. e.g. The new AH interface is just a small UI change, but a big improvement from the old one.

If the dev can constantly add store mounts, pets and transmog periodically, they surely can spare some time to improve the 15 years old bag UI. It is just a matter of will.

And ban free accounts from posting too, level 10 is as high as they go.

1 Like

Sounds like it’s time to Ban WoW Addons Threads instead…

I’d rather not be stuck with default Blizz everything indefinitely.
They are incredibly slow to fix or add things, addons alleviate that.

You also make zero mention of players with disabilities of course, because why would you? Blizzard has been terrible at adding accessibility stuff in a timely manner. Addons help solve that.

4 Likes

And while they make these changes “over time”, we’re just supposed to do what? Use the garbage we currently have available? Hard pass.

1 Like

or make it only lvl 25+ can post
i think free trials are to lvl 20
post 10 that need to be bumped up to 25

1 Like

That is a good point.

I am all for more and wider access for all players. Disability facilitation functions shall be definitely included in basic UI.

I think Blizzard added options for color blind lately, but I am not sure.

How about no, don’t like addons? Don’t use them.

Simple

/the end

5 Likes

That’s a no for me.
It’s ingrained into the fabric of the game.
I’m a firm believer in, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Uprooting the player base, especially this far into the game. 17 years would not be healthy for anyone. It could be disastrous.

1 Like

Can we just ban all asmongold bootlickers?

Forums would be a better place

On topjc: no. Addons are an integral part of the game ui.

9 Likes

Actually I think it is time we ban people who are just too lazy to use an already on going active thread about the same subject.

7 Likes

30+ sounds a bit better.

They are 10, because of the level squish.

I don’t understand why WoW forums are characters and not Btag like the rest of the Blizz forum format. They could just let us pick a character and that would be our posting character with btag. Why should people troll for free?

1 Like

If that is the case, 50% of forum users will probably be banned, since half of the forum topics are repeated same stuff.

That is a very bold move.