It is time: Lock tanking

Give us 4th warlock spec: tank.

6 Likes

Of all the classes that make sense to tank… Warlock is not one of them.

Shaman? Yes. We currently have that in follower dungeons.

2 Likes

Lock semi-tanking was fun back in MoP, but I would be lying if I said the real reason why I miss Dark Apotheosis wasn’t the cool visuals lol

1 Like

If i remember correctly, in WoW TBC , people tried to spec the sham class into a tank spec. It kinda worked, but it wasn’t really conducive

3 Likes

Still worked well for some bosses.

You would think the best Class at throwing electricity at people would be really conductive lol

4 Likes

lol

As a cloth wearer, unless they could somehow stack on a large amount of stamina (which would probably come to the detriment of other necessary stats) how could they possibly survive as a tank? I mean, Im not that clued on how tanks work but the theory seems to be that you are strong enough to take boss hits all by yourself.

I’m hoping they branch out into more 4th specs eventually.

Shaman tanking in the follower dungeon was such a massive tease. Also, something I see less referenced but Brann having a bunch of healing abilities and build as a Hunter could be a step towards a Hunter healing spec.

Warlock tanking has been an ask for a long time. Mages using barriers and arcane mage to heal would be cool. Rogue evasion tanking, and ranged Warrior with bows!

I really wish they would iterate on what’s in the game. Evoker seemed completely out of left field, and it’s class fantasy is kind of whatever. It’s halfway between a Mage and Shaman and the only thing that really sets it apart is it’s tied to Dracthyr.

There are lots of ways around this, especially since it’s kind of baked into Warlock already. They have many ways to give themselves a rolling barrier essentially. Just pump up the number with a tank spec, give them a passive to increase armor and stam (or tie it into mastery), and provide some sort of active mitigation and taunt. Demon form kind of solved a lot of these issues before it was torn out so Demon Hunters had a niche.

I suppose if they went how ESO makes classes, it could work. You can be any sort of spec you want, including a plate wearing mage class or a cloth wearing hunter-type ranged class. As I recall it still tends to be an awkward mix and not ideal if you choose to try that. But the theory is nice if its worked out properly.

I think the issue is Blizzard and doing things properly.

So did locks tanking, actually.

Imp boss in Kara came to my mind lol

I’d be happy if my warlock’s actual tank demon… you know… tanked. Take me back to Legion when I had a real tanking demon.

Show me that you actually tank in order to validate this request first. Please and thank you

and add shammy tanks while your at it!

Warlock is one of the main ones. They even had Warlock tank NPCs in WoD and a warlock tanking glyph in Mists of Pandaria.

They also had lock tanks in Season of Discovery.

Mage tank confirmed.

weg ot it in REMIX

People in this thread seem to confuse “holding threat” with “tanking”. The mechanics of any tank that isn’t also functionally a melee DPS would be miserable tbh.

Warlock tanks are a thing in SoD. Just like Shaman tanks are also a thing there.

So both can work. I don’t understand why you want to limit it to one class, honestly. Why not both Shaman and Warlock tanks?

2 Likes

As long as support specs exist, that is the only thing you’re EVER going to get as a 4th. Instead of a tank locks would get some awful curse-based spec.

Aug must die and be reborn as a tank spec first. It is the only way.