It is time: Lock tanking

I dunno, there were some clutch Blueberry Tanking moments waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in the day… :wink:

Its simple, either they metamorphosise into a big tanky demon or literally ride a Voidlord while in tanking stance.

Druids turn into bears, warriors are shielded by Armour, Paladins are shielded by the light & monks are too drunk to feel any pain.

Every tank has a different way of tanking.

2 Likes

we should be removing specs than adding more.

They barely can get the current Warlock into a functioning state.

How many xpacs has Aff been F tier in M+ now?

I’m already tanking more than my tank pet as it is so might as well lol.

The price it paid for that monkey paw wish to be always best in mop.

Mage makes more sense as a tank.

Honestly, pull all the SoD class changes over. Give shaman, rogues, and warlocks tanks. Give mages healers.

Nope. A robe wearing squishy that cats spells at range should be tanking

Agreed, we should b e.

This actually was tested and implemented likely around WoD s1 / Legion s 4 if my memory serves right.

If memory serves, they let you literally morph into a shadow demon and blow through people with 2 casts of chaos wave and one full cast of demon bolt.

Caster tanks are dumb.
The mobs are going to come to you regardless.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t work, it’s just thematically stupid to be the role of a meatshield while being a ranged caster. It negates the entire range thing.

Introducing a plate-wearing tank specialization for Evokers, aptly named “Darkflame”, could mark a transformative addition to the class. Drawing from Neltharion’s rich legacy, this specialization would harness the forbidden powers of Shadowflame alongside the robust essence of Black Dragon magic, offering a unique tanking style. The evolution of Evokers could begin with unlocking Storm Magic through an immersive questline exploring Neltharion’s experiments, followed by delving deeper into the darker, more forbidden arts of Shadowflame through another dedicated journey.

These advancements would not only diversify Evoker capabilities but also deepen their lore integration, proposing a dual tanking path unique to this class—paralleling Druid versatility. Such developments would position Evokers as the first class, aside from Druids, to offer such diverse specialization options, significantly enriching the player experience and gameplay variety.

Explore more about this proposal in my post, “Unleashing the Dragons: Proposing New Tanking Specializations for Evokers”.

one class can’twear differentarmor sorry