It Is the Final Day of the Feast of Winter Veil, and Classic Players Are Still Unable to Open Presents

For those unaware, any Classic character that opened up Winter Veil presents last year has been completely unable to do so this year. We are now in the last 24 hours of Winter Veil and the presents are still bugged. Blizzard has been aware of this issue since at least December 29th according to their customer service Twitter, but didn’t have any other information to give. Additionally I received a ticket response about this issue, that said more or less the same thing as the tweet on the 30th. I also made sure to submit it as an in-game bug report as my ticket response recommended.

This bug was allegedly manually fixed back in the day, which makes it all the more frustrating since it should be an easy fix, and one Blizzard knew they would have to make when Classic launched. If that comment is correct, we can also expect this exact same issue to crop up for the Lunar New Year event as well.

I know this isn’t a “game breaking” bug and I haven’t seen a ton of pushback from fans on this, but it is incredibly disappointing that Blizzard let this slide. The in-game holidays in WoW have been one of my favorite parts of the game and especially as a pet collector it sucks to be robbed of the limited chance I have to collect Winter Veil companion pets.

At this point I guess the only remedy would be for Blizzard to mail everyone the presents after the holiday, but who knows if we’ll even get that. It would at least be nice to get an acknowledgement that the problem is going to be fixed.

1 Like

I think that’s because many don’t know this was an issue in Vanilla. So they think this is “vanilla experience”.

…or they don’t really care because, lets be real, the gifts weren’t all that special. If the quests hadn’t reset. Ya, you bet more would have complained.

Now…when the Lunar Festival happens. Definitely expect a lot of forum posting because people will want the other wearable items. Plus the buff stone that comes in the mail from talking to each Ancestor.