Issues with unlocking Mechagnomes

They could just remove the rep requirement to kill the king

3 Likes

Das true tho

Or soften the rep requirements, either way is beneficiary

And I sad it was fair? This is ridiculous. They should warned us months ago about it

1 Like

Well, touche

I’ll say.
My urge to make one has been dwindling.
This just makes me not want to unlock them at all.

I have nerve damage in my hands…
I don’t want to trash them further, just to re-do something I should have ready-to-go.

That really hits me where it hurts, chief, and others too i’d bet

They really just need to remove whatever rep requirements are necessary to complete the mechagon questline so that Horde players can go run through the quests on their Alliance 120.

And also fix the apparent bug that even this doesn’t appear to unlock the allied race for some people.

You have to be exalted on one of your characters anyway, so the extra rep requirement for the questline would otherwise be redundant for the purposes of unlocking the allied race. Alliance players did not have to grind Voldunai rep twice, which is effectively what’s being required here of Horde players who already ground out the mechagon rep but want to roll a mechagnome.

Incidentally, it’s amusing to me that Alliance players are so smug about this when so many of them complain about faction imbalance. They’d rather take satisfaction in seeing more Horde players like some of those above say, “You know what? Screw it,” than actually have more people on their side to do things with.

1 Like

This seems to be the case with me, as well.

Let us all now pray that Base God Ion Hazardkostas answers our prayers

I’m also having the same issue, I have this achievement completed in my Horde character, but is not showing up so I can create the Mechagnome.

At least I’m not smug about it, I think it’s ridiculous. While I can somewhat understand that they want an Alliance character to complete the Mechagon story line, at this point in time I honestly believe that they should remove the reputation requirements to be able to progress through it. There’s zero reasons to force Horde players to grind rep again, even if it’s Revered, just to unlock the Mechagnomes.

And while they’re at it they should fix the bug that if you run part 1 of Mechagon you’re locked out of running part 2 which is needed to kill King Mechagon.

5 Likes

I unlocked Nightborne on my ally toon. Just needed a Horde toon to do the recruitment quest.

Uh, I mean that’s not really relevant to this but alright

It’s more of a point they’re making I feel. Like they’re saying that we could unlock the highmountain and nightborne was possible cross-faction with the requirements, but isn’t now because Mechagnomes are special.

Oh, oh I see that now

THANK YOU

You are absolutely right. There is zero reason for making us do the rep grind again. The rep is the same for both sides. Zero reason!!

Why can’t we get exalted (same exalted as alliance!!) and finish the cheeve (same cheeve as alliance!!) then do the unlock scenario with an allie alt? That would simple and make everyone happy. But no… no no no…

The only difference marking the two is who you turn it in to. That’s it

If you have Twitter, you can (politely!) try to change their minds:

@WarcraftDevs

Kek, that’s true but unless the population of pro-rep lift is big enough for Blizzard to be able to sate the majority’s appetite I dunno if they’d bite for it. Then again, there could be more that are simply unsure of where to go or what to do given the circumstance, but still