Issues with Older GPUs

UPDATE: Tried again just now to launch WoW and it did launch! So whatever fix you at Blizzard applied with this recent update fixed that non-launching problem, and I thank you for that!

One thing I’d like to know is if there are adjustments I can make in my settings to help the game run - FPS settings, all the stuff in the graphics tab. I don’t really know what I’m doing there, I’m not a computer whiz. And I’m not expecting the game to run perfectly, I just wanna protect my computer from possibly crashing.

My friend, when I said that I always knew, I was referring to the difference between the onboard graphics card of the I5 2500k being intel graphics 3000 and the Pentium G2030 being intel graphics 4000, although the 4000 has a newer internal GPU is a waste as a processor, extremely slow, despite the core I5 ​​2500k being an old processor but have 4 cores and 4 threads unlike the pentium which has only 2 i used my core i5 with programs like adobe premium, vegas, photoshop and others …
as I said I played with two wow accounts simultaneously …
it’s not a tantrum like you said, my complaint is not about a pc that did not run the game and I want it to run, it is about a pc that did run and overnight it didn’t run anymore, I didn’t see any post and I wasn’t even notified by email that my board didn’t it would be more supported if I had received an email like this:

NEW MINIMUM WOW REQUIREMENTS FROM OCTOBER, THE FOLLOWING VIDEO CARDS WILL NOT BE MORE SUPPORTED.
Oh, it’s very different. I would have taken care and bought a newer one …

I understand that the game had to have a graphic improvement and I’m happy for that, but leaving the option for cards that ran the game to continue running …

You don’t try to get new players by kicking the old ones, what good is getting for example 1000 new players who will probably play your game for 1 or 2 months and stop playing and lose 200 who will play your game until the end, this is my case , I didn’t know warcraft yesterday, I’ve been playing since Wacraft 2 Tides of darkness and I’m just going to stop playing when I close the server, for those customers that the company has to have in high esteem …

4 Likes

LOL. I played on a 2008 iMac from 12/2008 to 2/2018. I had to keep reducing my graphics settings every expansion, but the game was playable, even if it looked like crap by Legion. But BfA’s abandonment of OpenGL forced me to switch to a new Windows gaming computer. No complaint there - I’m truly astonished that the game remained playable on that iMac for so long.

But I’mma be really annoyed if I have to upgrade again any time soon. Right now the only feature I seem to be missing out on is the ray-traced shadows, as my GTX1050 doesn’t support that.

Thank you very much. Been using DX 11 for a long time now. I was able to play Retail on 3 setting with some tweaks and dealt with the lag on some servers.
I can play Classic on 6 with it. Someday will be able to afford to upgrade, but not with the way money is comming in.

i7 with 4 gig memory.

2020-10-24T04:00:00Z
I upgraded from Window 8 to Windows 8.1 and can now run Warcraft.

I was not getting an error message. After downloading the update Wednesday, 14 October 2020, when I hit play: the screen went black; several seconds later the desktop appeared, but the pointer was still the Warcraft mailed fist, music started playing, but even two hours wasn’t enough to get any video to appear.

My problem was not the lack of shader-model-5 (I’m running DirectX 11), and, like I said, there was no pop-up warning me my six year old computer is no longer acceptable. I think what fixed it was, updating to Windows 8.1 suddenly gave me access to a slightly newer driver.

Does anyone know if the DirectX 10.1 support extends to the expansion itself, or is this fix only good for prepatch? TY!

1 Like

This is the only thing holding me back from buying the expansion. Would it be safe to say that my computer can run the Shadownlands expansion if I can play the beta without any problems?

1 Like

Just bumping to see if there is any update on the progress of a potential fix.

Has there been any developments on this?

so … is there any news on this?

Any new new on this? My girlfreinds pc is out of date would like to play current wow with here but just dont have the cash to build her, her pc yet.