Issue: ilvl of drops/ cant queue for dungeon finder

I decided to level a new toon. when i got to level 53-54ish, all of the items that dropped from bosses are the same ilvl (116), despite my actual level. i was level 57 a minute ago and still getting ilvl 116 drops. i dinged 58 in the last dungeon. now, dungeon finder says that i havent completed the require quest, so it wont let me join another dungeon through the dungeon finder tool…i just leveled a warrior last week. leveled 50-60 through dungeons and daily quests only. never once had an issue with “completing a quest” to join dungeons. the only difference is that all of my other toons are horde…just leveled an ally. so, my only guess is that i have to complete the entire campaign again on my ally toon in order to enter these dungeons? is this the case? if so, does that relate to the Ilvl issue in any way? plz help

Did you select the Threads of Fate option to level your alt, Seraphim? If you didn’t, then yes, you may need to complete certain storyline quests in order to unlock some dungeons.

By selecting the Threads of Fate option it autocompletes the Shadowlands storyline quests and allows you to select your Covenant.

https://www.wowhead.com/guides/threads-of-fate-shadowlands-adventure-mode-leveling

1 Like

ahhh, forgot all about that. i wasnt give the option because i started leveling this ally toon in shadowlands BEFORE i leveled my horde toon through the entire campaign. i stopped leveling my ally at about 55, then switched over to horde; leveling it to 60. considering this fact, is there a way to go back and choose threads of fate or am i just kinda out of luck? also, does this have anything to do with the Item level thing? im almost 59 and still getting 116 ilvl drops. seems wierd to me because my horde toon was getting 130-145 ilvl gear at this point.

You should still be able to return to Fatescribe Roh-Tahl and complete that option.

I’m not sure about the ilvl drops, but that might make a difference. Keep in mind, it is one way. If you choose to use the Threads of Fate it cannot be reversed. If you aren’t intending to level through the storyline quests that shouldn’t be an issue though.

1 Like

understood. thank you for you help!

1 Like