Isn't sharding great?

So here I am at the pvp tournament going on on the Demo right now:

https://i.imgur.com/ObBxPd9.jpg

Wait...where is everyone? Oh, I'm on the wrong shard.

https://i.imgur.com/DfGpA4c.jpg

Hey look what's actually going on at the exact same spot on the exact same server.

This makes me sick.
13 Likes
Yea this definitely kills one of the main reasons people liked vanilla wow
4 Likes
Bummer man. Maybe check out Diablo Immortal when it comes out instead? I don’t recall hearing if there’ll be sharding in that game though I doubt it.
1 Like
That's what you can look forward to.

I see there are no "Defenders of the Shard" here explaining to you why this is good.
1 Like
I've kind of defended sharding in the past, if it's just for the first few days. But I really hope they find an alternative.
11/11/2018 05:38 PMPosted by Brockthorn

I see there are no "Defenders of the Shard" here explaining to you why this is good.

It sucks that sharding would be implemented for even a day, but not nearly as much as the alternative of Blizzard adding a few extra realms to deal with the initial pop and having us play Russian Roulette with our time (who will accidentally get the dead streamer/tourist dominant servers versus the healthy servers?).
Sharding = Dead On Arrival
3 Likes
https://i.imgur.com/DfGpA4c.jpg

This makes me sick.

I know... So many near naked NElfs and not a single one dancing on a mail box...

On the private servers, were there raids on durotar in the first week? two? If not, then sharding durotar only during the opening fortnight cannot affect world PVP. Tarren Mill is not a starter zone by any definition: It won't be sharded. Same with barrens.

Yall need to relax on this. Blizzard has 14 years experience with massive launches. This is how they've figured out how to make it a decent experience.
You people complaining about this have 0 knowledge about what you're complaining about.

They first used sharing for TBC release and we heard all the same "the sky is falling" garbage.

They used it for a very short time period in the beginning zones to avoid over crowding - it worked wonderfully then, and it'll work wonderfully in this instance.

Shortly after that they'll turn it off and everything will be normal.

Chill out.
In that context? No.

In the context of sharding the starting zones so that there aren't hundreds of people in a logjam (forming lines doesn't happen, you can take that lie and run with it) all trying to progress at the same time is great.
11/12/2018 01:07 PMPosted by Sanguineous
Yup
1 Like

Nah..I don't think so. Lots of posters still plan on playing day 1.
They don't like it but they will play and see if sharding continues and then take to the forums.
11/12/2018 01:39 PMPosted by Brockthorn

Nah..I don't think so. Lots of posters still plan on playing day 1.
They don't like it but they will play and see if sharding continues and then take to the forums.

Wrong attitude. You fight this crap now! NA region and people supporting it and millions of players. The NA market is not millions but maybe 500k. I'm being generous. Its more like 100k. My thought and internet numbers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2Ta0qCG8No

Based on v tickets sold vs classic server players and seeing asmondgold stream of the even and one high pop and the rest was dead. You guys go back and count the amount of dead seervers.

But according the the devtards wee need sharding and the !@#$% of the product agree.

We are talking about people who can't think for themselves is the ones supporting sharding and possibly loot sharing.

Thank you Ion for the BS. Which magical words from marketing and PR do you get to use next.

You screwed up a true vanila experiece. Long slumber or not. He going to say WFT! sharding. WTF loot sharing!"

Based on the comment you ar either full of fecal matter or just pushing a version of the game that ties in better to retail.

Ion, don't be full of ^-*!. I can talk to my kids and get @#$%.

You had sharding planned from the beginning. Loot trading. OMG Classic needs that. Sharding is so baked in you'd rather use instead of not. THe NA region and millions of players. NA doesn't have millions of players. I forgot you only count accounts.

NA needs sharding. no it doesn't. its your way of saying wee are sharding verything. Phasing when needed"lord kassak" .

Ion all your dev powers and bs has managed to give retail a somewhat classic experience. I know peope above you.

But you didn't quit your job over ingrety . That says a lot about you Ion.

I quit my last employer as a IE over a component for air brakes for big trucks and trailers. Cast aluminum that suffered porosity.

So Ion, either you lied and ar full of ^-*! or you are jsut full of @#$%. It's both.

Sharding isn't needed. Maybe 10k players for NA. If you are lucky. EU more. Asia even more. Central, SA and Oceanic, maybe 10k

People buying in on what they are saying need to take a step back and stop supporting the BS PR buzzard is saying.

We don't need sharding. NA region alone is not enough layers to warrent sharding.

Sharding is baked in the client. They can't remove it. I want classic. I want tm/ss without sharding but we are getting sharding. I want to raid a capitol city again. I can't join, raid isn't acceping and I'm in the wrong shard.

They ar e^-*!ing us over. Same @#$%, different devtards. SSDD.
Ion is so committed to classic. But we have sharding and loot sharing.

Loot sharing. ITs more like baked in the client. No matter what they ar forcing it down our throut.

Ninja looters. few and far between. Not needed. Ion" I played vanilla" then you know that. But you push for BS>

I you actually played vanilla Ion. Then you know most players who roll by mistake stayed wit hthe person until the wrong was corrected. THat was NA market.

Show us where the ninja touched you.

They are making excuses for why and the community is saying ok. You ar getting played.

Ion isn't going to play classic. Ion is going to recreate classic in his own vision of classic. Its why wee have loot sharing, sharding and knows what else since they hidden it.
2 Likes
The first picture reminds me of retail: zones being ghost towns and people riding solo.

The second picture is very vanilla: every zone is a party and people do random crap for fun.
1 Like
11/12/2018 01:21 PMPosted by Banja
You people complaining about this have 0 knowledge about what you're complaining about.

They first used sharing for TBC release and we heard all the same "the sky is falling" garbage.

They used it for a very short time period in the beginning zones to avoid over crowding - it worked wonderfully then, and it'll work wonderfully in this instance.

Shortly after that they'll turn it off and everything will be normal.

Chill out.

BS

They never stopped using it. Its like buzzard polish. THat lie has been fabric for a a decade. They didn't turn it off.

It was never to be intented to be turned off. How many times has Buzzard changed something then change it back. NONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 Like
11/12/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Sephrinx
Yup

Nope. There will still be plenty of people playing it.
1 Like
This is a perfect example of why I am not a fan of sharding.
1 Like
11/12/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Iriegh
11/12/2018 01:30 PMPosted by Sephrinx
... Yup

Nope. There will still be plenty of people playing it.

Perhaps, but Blizzard can count me as one who won't.
11/12/2018 12:37 PMPosted by Abada

It sucks that sharding would be implemented for even a day, but not nearly as much as the alternative of Blizzard adding a few extra realms to deal with the initial pop and having us play Russian Roulette with our time (who will accidentally get the dead streamer/tourist dominant servers versus the healthy servers?).

It’s called using “realm transfer”, something that many of us who played Vanilla WoW have had to do before.
1 Like