Is X-45 Heartbreaker supposed to be a political joke?

That number can’t have been picked at random, could it?

I’m not saying it’s good or bad, or I agree or disagree, or that the name shouldn’t stay X-45. I’m against censorship, even political jokes. I’m just curious. It seems a little too on the nose.

Maybe I’m just reading too much into it?

12 Likes

20 Likes

Why? What does X-45 mean to you?

2 Likes

There are other rocket mounts, like the X-51 mounts with the same basic model but different skins, plus the X-53 two seater. So using X-45 is sort of consistent with those

Exactly what do you think the 45 is supposed to mean?

/moo :cow:

6 Likes

Tis but a number, thats all.

2 Likes

Hm. If I try to find something political…

Trump was the 45th president. He made a big deal about establishing the Space Force. Maybe some Blizz worker who is a Trump fan named it as a joke/honor.

10 Likes

You are probably right. But it would be pretty savvy and mildly humorous to replace a dirty joke like ‘big love rocket’ with a political one.

1 Like

Goblin tech has X-## naming schemes. The heritage armor is X-52, while the Nether Rocket mount in BC is X-51.

Having the Love Rocket be X-45 probably just signifies that it’s a prototype version of both.

X-45 Heartbreaker is a Heartbreaker indeed it broke my heart that it is a copy of a original due to someone getting offended. The real original is “Big Love Rocket.”

I mourn the loss of the Big Love Rocket.

6 Likes

Maybe it is a number of how many people actually have the dang thing.

21 Likes

I’m not sure it’d count as savvy. Getting political (or even having people get the impression you’re being political) is playing with fire for businesses. For example, that lovely situation with Blitzchung.

2 Likes

Oh I’m well aware of why they changed it. I’m just curious if they went from a dirty joke to a political joke with the new name.

1 Like

who was the 45th president?

1 Like

I think it’s more or less a reference to Boeing X-45. :airplane:

At least that’s what i got from putting that phrase into google. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I think you’re reading too much into it. I love me a good conspiracy theory but I don’t think there is anything to this.

3 Likes

You’re probably right, but when I first read that name it was all I could think of. Just pure coincidence that fit perfectly into a political joke.

4 Likes

I believe you are on point. There is no way it is a coincidence, specifically because its too obvious.

5 Likes

If you were inventing it from scratch it’s actually a pretty good name. Unfortunately it was a pointless and silly name change of an existing inoffensive object.

1 Like

You definitely aren’t reading too much into it.

2 Likes

If they were making a political joke, I feel they would’ve changed the X-45’s icon to this:

5 Likes