Is WoW worth playing as a beginner?

Most people learn more about how their chosen class/spec works and fits into a group if they play it from the bottom up rather than being thrown into fully-developed character in higher level content. It’s not about the complexity of the game design, but more about learning how to play your role effectively. This is especially useful if someone is brand new to a game or franchise, and therefore has little or no relevant understanding of the game’s quirks.

Essentially, level 1-60 are the tutorial levels where you get abilities one by one and have the opportunity to learn how they affect your gameplay, both solo and in a party.

There is a lot of stories and the world of Azeroth is a large one. Keep in mind it is entertainment, something to be enjoyed. Take your time with it, I cannot stress this enough.

1 Like

Wow is one of the greatest video games ever made. Keep at it and you will discover its magic.

Depends on what you want out of the game. I’ve been in for about 12 years and in the past year have started keeping to myself and playing solo content (Achievements I’ve neglected, Pet battles and World Quests). I’d recommend leveling up a character to keep familiar and immersed in the world to find what you actually like about the game.

Also if you haven’t checked it out or know about it, https://www.wowhead.com/ is a great resource for what to do and where to go. Lots of guides available.