Is WoW too Bloated and/or complicated?

Between multiple currencies, gear upgrades and cosmetics to collect, rares, treasures and just from the game being almost 20 years old, has WoW become too bloated?

14 Likes

No.

It is unnecessarily complicated. That is an annoyance. I understand them… i just dont like them.

I enjoy not filling bags for 3 toons on one.

19 Likes

No.

There’s always someone new coming in to the game, that keeps the storytelling in the old content relevant. Not to mention the transmog and other collectibles.

It’s not “mainstream”, “content == gear”, but it’s still relevant in their niches.

The modern currency is solving the problem of people needing to run “relevant” content to actually improve. No more farming M+2 endlessly for valor on you heoric/mythic geared toons. Now you need to do content more tuned to your capability.

And, no, it was not lost on me that they’re offering 415s in “heroics”, but me thinks that’s just a catch up mechanic. I ran those this week, boy was that horrible. Rather farm rares in the reach, but it is what it is, and I’m not leaving the 415 sitting on the ground.

Bloated. 20 years of bloating and the stuff not being trimmed in old world content either.

1 Like

This needs to run on a continuous loop inside the systems team’s office.

7 Likes

Honestly they keep rehashing new currency names that do almost the same thing. Why not just wipe and keep the same currency name for each season like we do with honor and conquest. It’s resonance and complexity at a crossroads.

The flightstone cap is also frustrating because it’s a pretty strict gatekeeper on raids and m+ in that you can’t pool it while waiting for upgrades. So if you get 3-4 drops between bosses and vault in a single week (even if that’s like week 7) you could be sandbagging upgrades simply because of flightstones. That just feels bad.

The system is less restrictive than m+ but it’s also more expansive. No longer are you getting a flat drop. Everything is upgradable from everywhere now. Because of that, you’re enticed to hoard for major slots…only you can only hoard so many.

Wtf can I not hoard in the freakin dragon xpac. Flavor fail. :confused:

It’s overly tedious.

• All of the currencies, and even currencies you make out of other currencies. Stacking currencies. Random currencies. Random stacking currencies to turn into other currencies. It’s all so stupid. The best formula to buy anything has always been:

Valor Points for PvE gear that are collected from doing PvE stuff.
conquest for arena
Gold for anything from a vendor, to include all rep stuff
Time walking badges

See already 4 currencies and that’s enough IMO. Adding anything new is just a troll after that.

Now look at the talent trees, they are just more tedious and needless “choices” over the classic style trees that were much better.

Even geared is stupid now. Grind X, get X, upgrade X, kill boss again for same item for X change to happy happy ding ding ilvl or socket bonus weee yay, OR have x crafted (but only from a a 5 gem crafter), recraft item to roll high gem slot, craft gems to super ranks, imbue with super imbue thing etc. What happened to kill boss loot X or craft item from recipe that that is what u get.

2 Likes

If you feel you have to ask the question, odds are good that you already know the answer.

Professions right now are kind of stupid. I don’t know that many like the new system including work orders.

I feel like, in general, too much requires extra curricular reading.

mog hunting is one of the best parts of wow

1 Like

Because then it would be obvious they are just resetting the odometer on the tread mill.

Which is and should be a hard sell. If some one wants to put in the work and get ahead, be the ant and not the grasshopper, why should they take that away?

WoW has been too bloated for years.

There’s a reason the most solo friendly and least bloated class, BM Hunter, is by far the most played Class/Spec combo nowdays.

1 Like

Bloated? Rats! The secret is out. Yep, The Kul Tiran have taken over. This game is seriously over weight. Now the question is: Who leaked the information?

Oh, wait. Maybe it’s those damned bloated bags I have to drag around all the damned time. Even a blind Orc could see that.

Second part. Uh, complicated? Yeah, that’s why I focus primarily on gathering professions. Crafting? Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Uh huh. Look pal, I’ve just barely got time to play the game. I ain’t got time to run around dragging these bloated bags trying gather reagents for complicated crating crap. Hey, Blizz, keep your crafting professions. I don’t want 'em.

If you don’t reset the treadmill the game is unapproachable to new and returning audiences and will become stagnant, eventually it will fail. Resetting the treadmill and offering an on boarding process is an integral part of the game’s longevity.

The smoke and mirrors of saying the same grinds just slightly tweaked isn’t doing us any favors. Having to pour through wowhead posts or watch YouTube videos to understand what they’re trying to convey in 2 paragraphs halfway through development isn’t a successful implementation of a new system.

1 Like

IMHO: the biggest “confusion” I get is all the random crap that fills my bags because of Timewalking. Since every week is a new timewalking, I have so much random crap that I don’t even know what’s relevant and not anymore… I just kinda close my bags and refuse to deal with it.

Now I’m nearly out of slots though and have sold every grey I have. It’s unavoidable.

If teenagers/little kids can figure out how to play yhen too can an adult.

1 Like

To a point yes, most MMOs endgame and best exclusive gear is pretty accessible with 1/10 the work you’d do in WoW. With just as much as fun .

There’s a reason why Classic, and OSRS are so popular atm. When dudes would rather 3-tick mine, or hit 99 WC in OSRS that raid mythic difficulty. That should tell you something. Or, godbless play a classic hardcore character than deal with endgame retail.

Bloated and complicated?
Are we talking about the game or me?

This gane seriously isny all that complicated