Is WoW pay2win now?

Except for stars isn’t ever going to do half of your dps if you’re worth your salt exsdee

You’re trying to change what P2W has been in MMORPGs. P2W was a thing long before cash shops.

Buying gear and carries with real life cash is P2W. People were complaining in 2000 in Asheron’s Call about P2W when people sold their best characters/items on ebay. Turbine listened and cracked down.

Blizzard is now sanctioning that. WoW is absolutely P2W.

Badooga La Fooga

It’s not though xd

Solid retort. You’ve convinced me.

Badooga La Fooga

Blizzard does not condone selling accounts or selling anything on third party sites…

I was referencing Asheron’s Call, I also specifically mentioned items. Why would they allow selling out of the game when they allow selling in game. The more sold in game the more money they make.

100% pay to win. Just because you can buy an item without using wow tokens doesn’t make it any less pay to win. Don’t know why these morons think and/or try to justify saying this isn’t pay to win because you can obtain it legitimately without tokens. Soon as you are able to obtain power in a game with real life money, it is pay to win. It doesn’t matter if you can also get the item without buying a wow token. Its a disgusting model and ruins the game. Its the same as going to another website and buying an item from some farmer who brings it to your server. With that same logic, that should be allowed because you can also buy it with gold right? Wrong. You get banned for that. Only difference is, blizzard allows this due to a loophole they created, and can benefit from.

I have always hated those “wts carry” groups at lfr and spamming trade chat all dämn day, its actually pretty pathetic to me to just go and buy ur gear inatead of earning it with ur own efforts

Dude all those retards are annoying as hell, they are the first ones to fail raid mechanics or mythic mechanics because they just bought a boosting service, seriously p2w ppl is actually disgusting

the steady increase of players to wow explains the steady decline of gold value of tokens due to the additional steady flow of individuals purchasing tokens for sub time or in-game use…

If your theory was right, where spergs are spending obscene amounts of money to purchase an in-game items that were revealed to be overpowered, then we would see a sharp spike in token sales (sharp decline in it’s gold value) around the launch of 8.3 and/or when it was revealed that certain corruption items were OP and the hype train rolled into the reddit/siming stations.

The fact that there are zero spikes between before 8.3 launched to present, only goes to show that the player population has been steadily increasing and individuals purchasing tokens for game time and/or regular use gold (not big item sales).