Is wow pay to win now?

And thus the end of WoW as we know it.

I’m simply stating I would. I think it should be below raid and mythic tier, but again that’s just me and obviously not everyone would. I never am even within 20 iLvls of max gear simply because I don’t have the time to dedicate.

You can. Buy carries with gold. Buy a token with cash if you don’t have the gold.

Voila.

I would be fine with it if was actually logical.
Your suggestion is not. You can achieve things without being in a guild.
There is no actual way to prove some one is being carried, so there is no logical way to change the game to reflect this.

Either way, carried or not. Doing the raid a single time is not the function of that content. You can easily get the achievement later when it’s soloable if that’s all you cared about.

So what’s being won?

So selling full tier sets on the shop wouldn’t be pay-to-win, because nothing is being “won”?

By that logic, no game is pay-to-win and the term is useless.

So what’s being won when I buy currency?

You’re saying nothing. And I won’t dispute that even though I could. (Because the carriers will pass on loot and the game will literally say you won it.)

But I’m not interested in cheesing definitions. I won’t cheese the definition of win the way you’re cheesing the definition of pay-to-win.

I will point out that you’re definition-cheesing by pointing out that by your definition, no game is pay-to-win.

You could say, “What’s being won, though?” even if they sold full tier sets on the shop and the answer would be the same: Technically nothing. In reality, the advantage the gear provides.

So congrats on redefining a term so it applies to no game ever.

I’m just asking what I win by buying a token since it’s pay to win according to you. Why can’t you answer?

I already did answer that. And I addressed previously why the super-literal definition of win isn’t prudent for the term pay-to-win.

You will win more with gear. That should be obvious to anyone.

So it isn’t pay to win. Got it. Thread closed.

Yes, because no game is pay-to-win by your definition, which is why your definition is bad. Unless you can tell me what I would “win” by buying full tier sets from the shop.

1 Like

My definition is: paying for an advantage over others.

WoW more than meets that definition.

How so?

10chars

When you buy a token with cash and use that to buy a carry, you are paying for the advantage that gear provides over people without it.

And some carriers will guarantee you pieces. If you don’t get that amount, they run you again.

And what’s the advantage?

Stats? HP? iLvl? DPS?

I don’t think I should have to say that if two people are equal skill, one buys the carry and gets pieces the other does not have, the one who bought will do more DPS.

That’s a pretty big “if.” More gear doesn’t always mean more dps or skill.

1 Like

Is it marketed this way? Nope. This whole thread is reaching, you seeing this as pay to win is ridiculous. Runs have been sold since Vanilla, which I assume you know is before the token existed, but then again, here you are arguing nothing.