Is wow just an esport now?

You cannot really put the current type of Professions as part of the game now. Professions are a gutted version of what they where. With how they have dumbed down the game. Especially when it comes down to gear enhancement. All in an attempt to make things simpler for Esport. You cannot deny that at all.

They removed the old talent tree because, by now, we would have OVER 100 TALENTS TO PUT IN. And the only way to keep that balanced would be to make every talent read “increase crit by 0.1%” and that would feel virtually worthless.

Either that or go the bloated Diablo 3 route and everyone does 10billion dmg a white hit

Faerie Fire mattered a whole lot to me but they pruned that anyway, why?

Rogues complained how unfair it was to them. 1 button to permenantly negate their toolkit.

I never played during vanilla, only got to level 20 in BC before I stopped since I was like 10. Started in earnest playing Cata which is 100000000000x better than WOD was or BFA is.

That spell still exists, it’s a pvp talent

I can. I believe the reason this stuff was dumbed down was to keep raid loggers and the folks that just focus on endgame activity happy. Pretty sure happened long before official esports popped up at the end of Legion and in BfA.

So? That’s what dispels were for during go’s or resets.

They changed it, it’s a disarm now Boomkin only.

1 Like

There’s only so much they can do to stuff a square peg into a round hole. As an eSport I guess maybe clipping your toenails could be worse than an MMORPG, what’s left of the RPG anyway.

Do you think the push into eSports hasn’t influenced some types of content in the last few expansions? I never really cared about Arena but M+ seems like it has had the bones of competitive, small team eSports all over it from its inception.

Could easily be a co-incidence, just spitballing.
I’ll never be near the top of the charts and I would rather play than watch.

1 Like

I dont disagree just saying.

And only 2 classes (priest and paladin) could dispel magic then.

1 Like

It’s like half of you can’t actually think 5 mins into the future, you just think about the here and now.

Idk at this rate maybe y’all actually do want these dumb things now, because then you get to be mad a year later when it inevitably breaks something else. Y’all just really wanna be mad huh

No when you look at the changes it came about at the start of all the Esport competitions being added to Blizzcon. Previously Blizzcons big thing was about RPG part of WoW. With the cosplay competitions. Which got replaced by the Esport competitions. When they did that, it was when they first gutted professions and gear enhancements.

Nope…

Yea, sorry for the angry undertone.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say esports are killing WoW; but, to what other have been hinting, there has been growing toxicity based on class bias developed from simply what the top .01% are playing.

I’ve been on and off since beta, and class bias has always existed. But only now do i feel like each patch will clearly have classes that can’t pug/get guild benched.

3 Likes

If people lamenting that people want to finish a dungeon in a decent time and not sit around waiting for ‘rp opportunities’ with tons of down time means this games a esport, welp I’ll take it

this the devs also like to m+ so they will show lots of bias to certain classes to keep them in the top for m+.you can tell what classes some of them play because they are top for m+.

Welp I moved onto a real Rpg game, so you can keep it.

2 Likes

eso is great the necromancer is pretty cool.

2 Likes