Is versatility a problem stat?

:woman_facepalming: :rofl:

That is funny.

Thatā€™s his main.

1 Like

i want resilience back

1 Like

I use multistrike as the example because it has the most obvious impact in my opinion. It could affect resource gen. More resources provide a positive gameplay loop that vers just doesnt. Haste and multistrike on a warrior and now youā€™ve got rage to spend for days and it feels good. Multistrike on a sub rogue and now you generate more combo points and it feels better. Vers doesnt give that. Iā€™m speaking more to the feedback loop than numbers jumping off the screen in this regard because I agree that numbers are just numbers.

More damage out, less damage in.

I canā€™t see how that is ever a bad thingā€¦ at least it isnā€™t for me; leave my versatility alone.

You want to ADD back other stats? Fine, but I like this one just as is.

1 Like

Roll what vers does into main stat then

My problem with versatility is that it is boring as a concept, flat % damage, healing, and damage reduction is not nearly as interesting as haste and critical chance.

The fact that it is best for so many classes could be changed very easily by just making it take give less % from each point. The game is clearly balanced around people having at least 10%+ versatility at higher (210+) gear levels, which makes it hard for them to change it as they would need to change the incoming damage and health of everything in shadowlands.

The best way to fix it would be to add more interactions on every spec with critical hits and haste to make them more useful. That just leads to people being upset when they get versatility on gear though.

1 Like

Also true. I never have to drink in M+ (especially 10+ with pride regen), or BGs. I do have to watch my mana on some raid fights, particularly Sun King where healing surge is the best spell to use on Kaelā€™thasā€¦but in general if Iā€™m dropping my mana tide twice per fight, I can spam and be okay.

That makes more sense. I was more so talking about how itā€™s just a carrot in a stick kind of thing. Theyā€™ve had us chasing numbers for nearly 2 decades.

They should just make the classes feel better to play. Regardless of stats.

2 Likes

Yeah, wasnā€™t mp5 more their thing?

I agree but there does have to be some sense of progression as well. Maybe the solution is to roll vers into main stat and give us better masteries and another stat with fun interaction

I think Versa is pretty boring.

I would rather stack mastery for the special effect, or crit to activate special class features, then just a flat ā€œBetter at everythingā€ bonus.

IMO:
Retire Vers and the (Primary, Stam, and 2 secondary) armor pieces that are all alike
Bring back the BC style gearing. Pieces with no stamina for those who invest all their stat allowance into dps, Stam + Hit pieces for tanks, ā€œOf Shadowy Wrathā€ pieces for locksā€¦ It worked fine then, and itā€™s not really that much more complicated. Have the tooltips explain what hit caps and armor penn do and your fine.

AND BRING BACK RESILIENCE TO REPLACE VERS AS A PVP STAT.
IT WORKED FINE.

1 Like

Wow, that is incredible.

Iā€™m consistently struggling to regen mana through +6 mythics and on most raid fights im having to make sure i time innervates/potion usage correctly.

healing surge has to be amazing on sun kingā€¦itā€™s almost like it was designed for it, lol.

We have a spec specific stat in Mastery, I think it would be fun to have a role specific stat. I donā€™t know what the name would be, Proficiency maybe?

So everyone gets a small amount of +% damage and healing from proficiency, and then youā€™d get some role-specific bonus, like healers would get additional MP5, tanks would get a moderate amount of extra dodge, and DPS would get cooldown reduction. Something like that.

Iā€™d prefer they eliminate secondaries all together. Do something cool that adds flavor. So you can make your toon more like youā€™d like but not be underpowered compared to someone whoā€™s full on min/maxed.

Like how Iā€™ve always liked engineering for the flavor items and gadgets but itā€™s the worst prof by far for making gold/etc.

Idk what that would like like. But it sounds fun.

Instead of versatility?

Donā€™t get me wrong. I think Multistrike was the more interesting stat between vers and MS. It served as a good middle ground between haste and crit by providing the benefits of both, but not at the same rate.

I would also be okay with bringing back role specific stats like spirit, and i do think vers should be relegated to a tank stat. Up the defensive benefits and lower the damage portion of it.
But i donā€™t think that would fly today. I mean, people complained to no end about having to get new azerite armor for each spec. And that was just 3 pieces. People would go balistic if Blizzard decided we should go back to having entirely seperate sets for each roll.

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

GIVE NOW PLZ