Is Tier gonna be available from M+?

Is Tier peices obtainable from Mythic plus(either drops or Vault) or only from Raiding?

Im a mythic plus only player. Its the reason I came back to the game.

At first I heard Tier was coming to M+ 2 months after raiders got it. But now it’s sounding like Tier only drops for raiders or drops from the token catch up “creation system” and that’s it.

I mean I lumped it out this past season in m+ without having access to Domination Shards(even though some of those are VERY powerful in M+), and it wasn’t a huge deal. However, Tier Sets are much more powerful that Dom Socks and I’m not trying to compete against raider in m+ that have tier while I dont. That would be too much.

Does anyone know for certain if Tier is obtainable from Mythic Plus or not? If they are supposedly making Tier pieces shower in raids then I don’t see why they can’t allow it to drop at the end of a Mythic plus. Even if its just +15 and up…

Edit: Also, NB4 the inevitable tool that will say " It dont matter at you’re level of content, yadada"-This is not my main. In fact, this is just my leatherworker that I play occasionally for fun.

1 Like

wut

Brutha you’re looking for that otha General Discussion.

1 Like

What is this mythic+ you speak of?

2 Likes

Oops thanks for the heads up I somehow put topic in the wrong section.

1 Like

It happens.

I also need the answer to this.

I read something on WoWhead the other day that made it seem like tier was going to drop from the weekly vault still.

players were concerned, because it was going to make it harder to obtain target items (like trinkets/weapons/other tier pieces) due to the amount of items in the pool, and the duplicates some of us are cursed with week in and week out

the druid set isn’t too hot for m+, but i still want to wear it regardless.

1 Like
3 Likes

Yes, but people who raid are going to get it the fastest. And people who do all three PvP/M+/Raid are going to be in the best spot.

So once again “Raid or die” wins.

That’s not what raid or die means. Yeah, raiding and M+'ing will get you gear faster than just M+'ing, but if you want to just M+ you can do that.

M+ is not a sprint, it is a marathon. It doesn’t really matter if raiders can get their tier faster than you out of the gate when the season lasts 8 or 9 months and seasonal titles are calculated at the end of the season.

3 Likes

Raiders always get to max power faster. Just be prepared to play at a disadvantage for 8 weeks if you don’t raid.

But blizzard pulled a fast one on raid tanks. You gotta m+ to get tank stats on ring and neck slots.

At least they’re sorta learning. And there’s a 3k achievement now so it’s possible we’ll get to valor upgrade to max item level, but if they are gonna allow it, it’s NYI.

And this season will probably 60+ weeks long. So plenty of time.

TL;DR: Yes, you can get tier from the vault. but, just like every season, if you solely m+, it’s more time efficient to wait for about 8-10 weeks before you start trying to gear. Just do the weekly till then.

It’s 8 weeks after the patch comes out. You won’t be able to do keys week 1, and week 2 will be capped at a 2-pc bonus from the raid. You won’t have double leggo until week 5 of the patch so even if you could get your 4-pc bonus right away you still won’t have your builds fully online to really push hard anyways.

How awkward this is for M+ players is largely going to come down to the question “How likely are you to get tier if you fill all 3 M+ slots each week”? If you can get your 4-pc pretty quickly from filling your Vault it may not be a big deal. If you’re expected to use Creation Catalyst to get your 4-pc bonus, then that is going to suck.

I wish they’d just separate all the gear out like they tried to do with pvp. Raid for gear to raid, m+ for gear to m+, pvp for gear to pvp, that way people can play the content they want and not feel like second class citizens of they don’t raid. And I say that as someone who much prefers raiding over anything else.

Honestly, all Blizz needs to do is do dungeon sets again. Add some big 8 piece dungeon sets with set bonuses that don’t work in the raid and bingo, you’ve got an M+ loot grind that raiders don’t feel obligated to pursue and that doesn’t make M+ players feel obligated to raid, while still encouraging a degree of cross-over with rings, necks, trinkets, and weapons.

4 Likes

I’m assuming along with that you also disable raid sets in M+ since you’re disabling M+ sets in raid?

Maybe. If the 8/8 dungeon set bonus was strong enough you might not need to disable raid set bonuses and people would just be encouraged to use the dungeon gear for doing dungeons. You want the game to feel like one game, you just don’t want people feeling like they must do other forms of content. If dungeon sets solve the problem, there’s no reason to need to “oversolve” it by making raid gear worse.

When has blizzard ever been able to do something like that right lol. You’d end up with at least a few specs where the raid one is too good unless they balance them specifically for raid (mostly single target and for healers, mostly for 10+ people)

Fair enough, you’re probably right. Still, as someone who both raids and M+s, but only does both on some characters and only does M+ on others, I’d like to believe there is a world where raiding can provide rewards that I can carry over to other game-modes without feeling like my M+ only alts are gimped for not raiding.

Yea.

I guess I also feel like it’s a bit hypocritical to be like “your raid set can be used here, but your m+ set can’t be used in raid”. Feel like it needs to be all or nothing.