Is this really what pvp servers are like?

I just don’t get it, if you’re a horde player on this server is killing alliance players for fun your ultimate goal?

I thought after getting repeatedly ganked on the road in duskwood by lv40+ horde they would grow up eventually and the joke would end.

But no, just keeps getting worse. This last week Ive been constantly ganked and griefed trying to finish quests and instances in blackrock that getting to lv60 has felt like an epic marathon.

Never by players the same level or number as me, in fact in every single case by players usually 5+ levels higher or outnumbered 2v1 3v1 6v1 20v1 doesnt matter.

Do you guys take screenshots so can post in social media and pin to your fridge how great you must be for killing alliance players 10 levels lower?

Back in Vanilla I played on a pve server and sometimes regretted decison because I thought I could be missing out on things that were fun. World pvp was part of the core Wow experience people talked about and most of the top world raiding guilds played on pvp.

So for Classic I thought it was a smart choice to play on a pvp server and get a chance to see what I missed out on.

So far thats turned out to be the worst decision Ive ever made and wish I could pay for a realm change.

3 Likes

If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the Bikram. Maybe Yin is for you.

1 Like

I do think this weekend was bad as people started their honor grind. I was in ash last night helping a friend level in an alt and died 8 times to skulls in 2 hours.
If the server is 60/40 Horde the alliance probably has it worse.

Maybe my memory is fuzzy, because I haven’t spent any significant amount of time in Duskwood. Only ran through it to get over to Swamp of Sorrows. Isn’t it alliance controlled though? Meaning you would have to be purposefully flagged for PvP?

Not really sure why any Horde would want to spend any significant amount of time in a lowbie zone with nothing to do but gank lowbie alliance in anyway. I mean, if you aren’t getting anything from it then what’s the point?

Dont get angry get even! Find some friends form a raid vent your frustrations out on the opposing faction.

3 Likes

I don’t want this to end, this is how mmos should be. Get geared up, get a tight group of friends, and stay safe.

1 Like

Alliance zones 18+ flag you for PVP. Duskwood/redridge/wetlands are contested, even though there are minimal, if any horde quest givers. Darkshore is the exception stalling out around level 20.

(wetlands has ony attunement for horde i believe, but only the objective, not the quest giver)

2 Likes

Just form your own group of 20 and steam roll some horde… until they show up with 50+.

2 Likes

I dont mind world pvp as much now that Im done levelling and that at least 1v1 there’s no level disadvantage.

My problem was that getting feom 55 to 60 could not have been possibly been made harder. Last weekend at every single flight path landing point, every quest hub, instance zone, road, path, etc, etc, horde were camping.

I died 8 tiimes on the run down from thorium point while attempting to join a BRD group then gave up, it took me 45 mins and 9 ghost walks to make it to Molten Core last night. Horde were gathered outside throium point, hills in searing gorge upper and lower pathways, entrance steps path to brm, brm hallway, chain above lava, spiral rooms/stairs down, bottom level chain, and bottom area around lava and beside the npc who teleports. Every square inch of the way in there were dozens horde who set up camp spending all day and all night waiting for alliance players to walk by…

All Im saying is that it better not stay this way where one faction controls the entire world.

1 Like

The mountain containing 3 dungeons with BiS gear and the main current tier raid has people pvping in it? Say it isn’t so.

Get organized, help other guilds get into the mountain and they’ll help you etc…

People just don’t want to put any effort in.

1 Like

I don’t mind pvp outside main raid instances and understand you may need to prepare for that.

I’m just worried about the apparent faction imbalance and what can be done so it doesn’t stay this way. Not populatiion ratio, but having one faction always in control of the contested areas, and the other faction giving up, rerolling and quitting.

Anyhow, I’m not going make to big of a deal out of it for now before bgs open up, but I just wanted to share how absurd it seems and I know I’m not the only person who feels this way.

1 Like

Here’s the thing, population wise we are balanced as hell. If the Alliance CHOOSE to not engage in PVP its no ones fault but theirs.

1 Like

STV and Hillsbrad chat is always about Alliance camping Horde. Turning in quests at Nesingwary has to be done at 3am.

“6 Alliance outside Booty Bay” is a daily occurance.

Lmao “Get geared up and a grp and stay safe” its pretty easy for you to say when youre not on the recieving end of 3-4 40 man raids in BRM every night, or landing into thorium point to have 40 horde blast you as soon as you land. Thats not how mmos are played buddy. Its called griefing.

4 Likes

The isuue is that no matter what happens, massive numbers of horde show up to end the fun.

I’ve been pvpin a lot this week and have well over 1k hks on my 60 ally. I’ve been pvpin all over the place; Brm, kargath, Morgan’s vigil, stv, tanaris, epl, wol. The consistent experience is that after a short while of fighting, insane numbers of horde show up and overpower.

I’ve been solo ganking, small group partying, or large raid rolling. In just about every instance, horde get word of the fightung ally and show up in vastly overpowering numbers and put an end to the wpvp in the area. I’m not talking a few more horde than ally, it’s typically 2x,3x,4x,5x the number of ally involved. There’s simply far too many horde now involved to continue a meaningful resistance. Thus the pvpin stops and the hundreds of horde in the zone commence camping and grieving the body’s of leveling players in the area. Rinse and repeat.

I don’t know that there’s a solution. Pvping horde tremendously outnumber ally and have been relentlessly killing-on-sight any ally they see regardless of the zone, level, or numbers. I’d guess that it will only get worse with less ally venturing to zones, and horde not happy about the lack of pvp. Not to mention more and more horde re-rolling this server as it’s seen as actually having one of the more healthy alliance pvp populations. Kek

2 Likes

Ive been on the receiving end of plenty of Alliance raids myself in BRM and other places as well. Its very much how the game is supposed to be played. This is a pvp server pvp happens. At no time did anyone promise that pvp would be fair all the time. You seem to only want pvp on your terms they make servers for that. They are called pve servers.

3 Likes

Maybe if by mmo you mean the type you wanna play. The type I like are DoAc, RuneScape, rust and Warcraft PvP servers. These are not games for those who just wanna unwind for the night with friends. That’s like saying “you’re not supposed to f me up and take my sh#t in rust you’re suppose to build stop griefing!”. I’ve been ganked by multiple alliance when I land at thorium. Either stop complaining or go to a pve game or pve server so you can relax and play the game you want how you want to.

1 Like

pvp = player vs player not repeatedly getting rolled to the point you have 2 minute res timer because theres 5 40 mans raids camping brm

3 Likes

Sounds like players fighting players to me. No one promised you a fair and balanced fight.

lol i bet if it was reversed you guys would be b*tching way worse. Just saying these statements coming from the people zerging isnt worth much.

3 Likes