Is this even legal?

So I have been playing WoW since the ORIGINAL BETA in 2004 and I have been a loyal fan ever since! Recently I spotted something that you guys might want to take a look at, I don’t think it’s legal! I mean, it can’t be, can it?

https://features.ascension.gg/crusade/?fbclid=IwAR0nt2GHUJvJzygPkJ6KjuPZ_Rl7g5I_hcQ0pFRxJX7gH3JEi06ZMlUOXhM

It says that have a ton of people playing it, but that takes away from the amazing game that is World of Warcraft! If I am wasting time I am sorry, but when I saw this I kind of got mad, it’s not fair to you guys… The hard work and dedication you put into this amazing game and community, to have someone ripping off your ENTIRE game and bad mouthing the original in the process! Sorry to those here that probably play it but this isn’t cool, not one bit! #JustTypin

1 Like

It might be legal in some countries, but definitely not in US. Also you just advertised the private server on official forums. Think about it.

1 Like

I was told by Support to post it here, I opened a ticket first.

That doesn’t make sense. Why would support tell you to post here instead of privately reporting via appropriate channels?

4 Likes

They’re definitely mooching off blizz IP there if not a straight rip off. It’s not legal but not unexpected that someone would try to $ off the hype up for BC at the moment.

All private WoW servers are illegal. Blizz generally doesn’t do much against them though (especially if they’re free); legally they can but it’s not really worth the expense for the most part. Mostly they do just enough so they can say they’re defending their copyright and call it good.

5 Likes

This is using TBC and WoW assets, it is not TBC itself.

1 Like

Bahahaha remember the lawsuit blizd won like 88 million against that private server “wowscape”.

No, it isn’t, but crappy facebook games get away with using official big game art all the time. Seeing as how I don’t hear about these start-ups getting sued into oblivion every fifty seconds, I’m guessing it’s just not that much of a problem.

A non existent post history. Think about it.

2 Likes

Wow tbh I want Blizz to make a realm like this.

2 Likes

It’s very likely going to happen.

1 Like

Why is this post not removed entirely? I am so tired of seeing advertising in here.

I Was told by support to post it here, take it up with them! I have screenshots of the ticket I opened… .soooo

imagine being a tattle tale for a giant corporation that cares about nothing but money.

6 Likes

Could be great advertising for Blizzard, depending on the private server. But when those players get bored, or it isn’t updated, they’d come to WoW. Maybe that’s why they don’t care much?

Because most support these days are just automated messages and not actually type/thought out.

4 Likes

Having dealt with support, that’s all they do now, is say “hurr durr post on the forums/lookup wowhead” even if it’s not something that belong to either of them.

1 Like

LOL. I’m sure you have.

TBF it looks more interesting than retail has in a long time.

1 Like