Is this against the rules: holding zones hostage for ransom

There were about 3 or 4 level 60 Horde players killing the flight master and all Alliance characters at Lakeshire tonight, all except this one level 60 Alliance rogue who they kept ignoring. This level 60 Alliance player kept spitting on people every time the Horde killed them.

After whispering this Alliance player and talking to him, my brother found out that he was selling questing permits to people who wanted to quest in Lakeshire. Basically he was demanding that people pay him gold so his Horde friends would stop killing them and their quest mobs.

I’ve seen lots of conflicting information online about whether or not cross faction communication/ colluding with the opposite faction/ meta-gaming like this is against the rules or not in Classic, so I would like confirmation before I open a ticket and report this player.

6 Likes

Camping lakeshire isn’t out of the ordinary on pvp servers

Just ignore them, they can’t possibly gank every single player in the zone, especially not when you say in world chat “hey there’s 4 horde camping lakeshire, come kill them” and a swarm of 60s shows up to kill them.

12 Likes

I know, I’ve been ganked by 60’s a thousand times while levelling and it’s fine. But this dude is colluding cross faction and meta-gaming with the Horde which is something I’ve never seen before and I just want to know if such a thing is against the rules.

2 Likes

Alliance PVP server veterans know not to go to Redridge.

Head north, young man.

6 Likes

It’s called PVP.

3 Likes

Is anyone gonna actually answer my question or are you all going to just keep saying HURR DURR PVP IS ALLOWED. Please actually read my post before replying. I am asking a simple question: IS METAGAMING WITH THE OPPOSITE FACTION ALLOWED IN CLASSIC YES OR NO.

14 Likes

damn a lot of mouth breathers that cant read here… I would also like to know if metagaming is allowed in pvp. Does anyone without a smooth brain know the answer?

10 Likes

“People keep answering my question…but i dont like the answer! So im gonna get maaaaad!”

Your answer is “pvp on a pvp server”

9 Likes

close your mouth my man and read the question

6 Likes

Careful man I think you got a bit of drool on your keyboard while typing that.

12 Likes

I don’t think most people in here would really know what they’re talking about since it’s quite a unique situation.

You should just open a ticket anyways. Cross-faction collusion is pretty disgusting but this isn’t just “pvp” it’s full on extortion in order to participate in the game and the fact that they explicitly said “you have to pay to quest.”

17 Likes

Its okay <3 i’ll wipe it off on all the sock puppets.

3 Likes

thank you <3 someone that can read

6 Likes

I’d open a ticket anyway. The worst Blizz will tell you is it’s allowed and they’re not going to stop it

While PvP is allowed on a PvP server, I doubt explicitly telling people “pay me or I’ll camp you” is allowed

8 Likes

That information is already available:

World of Warcraft Classic
If you do not wish to engage in regular PvP combat in WoW Classic, you must create your character on a Player versus Environment (PvE) realm. On a PvE realm, you can freely choose when you want to engage in open world PvP combat by enabling or disabling your PvP flag.

If you chose to create your character on a PvP realm, Game Masters will not address situations where you are repeatedly killed by the opposite faction. This includes situations that may be considered dishonorable such as corpse camping or killing players well below your level.

You cannot transfer from a PvE realm to a PvP realm. Transfers from PvP to PvE are permitted. Game Masters do not provide realm transfers.

No clue what situation you’re talking about. You need to offer more proof than “so and so” whispered the Horde, yadda, yadda.

2 Likes

Did you guys learn nothing from the AQ event? Blizzard doesn’t give a fu## about cross faction collusion.

Further more if could’ve been one of the horde players second account.

10 Likes

Thank you for finally answering my question. I kind of suspected Blizzard wouldn’t care but wanted confirmation.

4 Likes

Not only is it collusion its harassment. Just screenshot the conversation of him demanding gold and of the 60s letting him live and just submit it to blizzard.

Easy

7 Likes

No I don’t need any proof, I was asking for someone to confirm the games rules to me. Why do I need to prove to you that my prior research on this topic was inconclusive??? Just answer the stupid question and if you don’t know the actual game rules on this issue (which you clearly don’t) then just don’t reply???

18 Likes

throw in the towel there my man. Just take the L, re-read the post and try again