Is there something going on with forum moderation?

This much I know for certain. Vrak combs the thread and then gives his closing remarks or Orylia pulls out the red lightsaber and makes posts like these

so I can bookmark them, but too often in less moderated forums I have seen ridiculous comments just go completely unpunished because the attention drawn to them is contingent upon player actions. However, since people often don’t care enough to do anything at the time, toxicity just festers out of control and then people want to complain after the dumpster fire of their own making gets locked.

It’s just my opinion that there should be more proactive measures built in so actions are less contingent upon players deciding to do something. That way, we avoid more situations like this where players are going after mods with pitchforks because they finally decided that something went too far.

I’m sorry about the text wall and that this probably belongs in GD. Also, I think mods should also get a round of applause for keeping this thread open and addressing peoples’ concerns instead of just closing it, even when they were getting mobbed. Thank you Vrakthris and Orylia

2 Likes