Is there any way to mute that awful rapid fire sound(bow) for hunter without turning off all sound?

It just drives me nuts, i cant help it, it sounds like sawing down a tree with a hack saw at a very rapid pace.

hello Tailoredswif welcome to the Wyrmrest Accord realm forums please tell me about your roleplay character

1 Like

Alexa, play You Need To Calm Down.

1 Like

What is this trolling? came to ask a question

i do not know the answer/i do not think there is a way to disable specific sounds (outside of error speech or the DK voice effect) but these are the Wyrmrest Accord realm forums for the World of Warcraft roleplaying server Wyrmrest Accord that you have made a thread in

1 Like

it wont let me create a topic in general, its blacked out

try logging out and back in

3 Likes

you have no choice then, you must become a roleplayer

6 Likes

ok ty that is all i wanted to know,

1 Like

Blizzard should pay us for the work that we do, God’s work.

1 Like

God himself will gift you in his own way, nvm blizzard

Thank you.

Not 100% on this anymore, but I think there is a way to alter the game sound files. Could always hit up Tech support to see if it’s allowed anymore and if someone can help you do it.

I know folks would swap the new gun soundfile with the old one.

Not anymore. They changed how things worked to where none of this possible. Apparently they said ‘dataminers’ are to blame as for why sound files and the like are masked and categorized differently now.

Confirmed worse timeline.

What about addon support? Is that possible? Probably not if you can’t hardswap the file yourself

Not possible, they don’t work anymore to my knowledge.

If it is possible, Blizzard made it significantly more difficult to modify with some change or another they made. For the effort you’d put in, would probably be better off just changing weapons or muting the sound entirely.

The Rapid Fires sounds are about the same, except I think the gun models throw in some of the fake pew pew sounds. I wouldn’t know personally, I haven’t mogged a gun in ages. But a friend of mine said something.

Honestly, just play with sounds off if going through all this effort is too much, OP. I don’t mind the sound but I can see where it can bother some people.

Actually, sounds can still be muted and replaced! It works differently since patch 8.2, explained here in my guide using the add-on OldGunSounds. ➮ How to Get CUSTOM Gun/Bow Sounds Back in Shadowlands

If it is only muting you want, try https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/mutesoundfile or another muting add-on from Curse/Twitch. If you have any questions, let me know!

3 Likes

You know, it’s possible that after so many people getting mistakenly sent here, we’ve actually gotten fairly good at answering questions.

1 Like