Is there any pride left in Horde?

This expansion has made me think msube just maybe we can go let sargeras out and maybe he would be willing to let me join the legion. There has to be more pride there.

3 Likes

Both factions lost a lot during this war, this expansion was honestly not one of my favorites. Which is sad because the trailer was very well made.

2 Likes

For me, the Horde’s pretty much a gutted shell at this point. Just seeing Classic and WC3 beta posts reminds me how far it’s fallen.

Thrall: Started out as a bright, young shaman with a grand vision for the Horde. Now, older and going through a midlife crisis. No signs of him even being a shaman anymore either.

Vol’Jin: Thrall’s right hand man, and the best shadow hunter of the Horde. Replaced by his own right hand man, Rokhan. There’s nothing really wrong with Rokhan, but at the same time there’s nothing really amazing about him either. He’s basically just a significantly weaker version of Vol’Jin.

Cairne: Grizzled old Tauren Chieftain who led his clan through Kalimdor for years. Replaced by Baine, who is an embarrassment to the Tauren and Horde in general. Baine is just all around incompetent and awful. He’s the one character I suspect is a warrior for no other reason than he failed at being any other class (druid, shaman, hunter, etc). All of his stories are either him trying to help the Alliance or him getting captured or outplayed by his enemies. Oh, and after all this crap in BfA about him needing to restore honor to the Horde and set things right, he wussed out in the end and didn’t even help confront Sylvanas. Truly worthless.

Sylvanas: Leader of the Forsaken for well over a decade. Written off as a villain for nebulous reasons, and is replaced by a horribly contrived character in a book. One that is still 100% gung-ho Alliance at that.

It legitimately feels dumb at this point to be playing as any of the original Horde races. It kinda makes me contemplate race changing this character or rerolling a vulpera rogue just to have something not tied to such an idiotic faction story now. I find I like my DH and Nightborne mage for this reason - they’re basically outsiders to the faction and only there because of how the in-game PvE scene plays out.

18 Likes

8.2.5 and the datamining of 8.3 has completely killed my interest in the Horde, and especially the Forsaken. A first in around 13ish years of playing this game primarily as Horde and especially as Forsaken.

So I decided I might as well play a race with no danger of being ruined. Now things are easy.

9 Likes

Sadly that is what happens when Blizzard dumbs down the Horde to nothing more than the Diet Alliance.

3 Likes

Anduin
Ideal monarch

Pick one

1 Like

The point of this expansion was to deflate faction pride to pave the way for a playerbase merge.

2 Likes