Is there any pride left in Horde?

I’m not even going to go into the why did Horde allow yet another crazy warchief after all the Garrosh Vol’Jin shenanigans. I think we are past that point already.

But i can’t understand why we need alliance to walk os through every step of anything we do now. Is there any pride left on Horde?

• Anduin giving a speech inside orgrimmar
  • Varok using Varian’s sword to fight the mak’gora (aka hordiest thing ever)
  • Siding with Jaina against our own faction every godamn time. (remember the sunreaver mage inside Baine’s prison break that wanted to kill Jaina for her crimes in Dalaran? He was 100% right why do i kill him?)
  • Returning Derek to Jaina after she just had a major victory and killed King Rasthakan (because she is god mode now and not even a full raid can kill her. The same people who can kill Azshara and soon N’zoth can’t scratch Jaina)
  • possibly having Calia Menethil who has ZERO conections with horde to lead the forsaken.

So we will be basically what alliance ALLOWS us to be fron now on? Wasn’t the whole Garrosh and siege of Orgrimmar situation humiliating enough we have to extend that even further this time?

46 Likes

What about Anduin’s Lightforged girlfriend leading the Forsaken doesn’t make you feel pride?

18 Likes

i listed that

Probably just as much pride as there’s left in the alliance.

We were promised faction pride, instead we got:

• An evil horde that once again becomes crazy and needs babysitting from the alliance in the end as if they’re little children that don’t know what is right or wrong

• A pacifist alliance that can never do wrong but never land any satisfying strikes and just loses things to the horde, lead by some teenage boy

I wonder what they thought when they announced that there will be faction pride in BfA.

17 Likes

Did you not learn in MoP that Pride is dangerous?

7 Likes

They were probably desperate to find any kind of marketing gimmick to try to sell an obvious MoP retread.

2 Likes

Christie Golden strongly agrees that this should give you pride. “Anduin is a sweet boy who recognizes the strength of being vulnerable and empathetic.”

14 Likes

You forgot scrapping the Warchief for a council led by Baine. Yes we might see a new one the next time a war comes up, but the position will probably lack much of the authority it once held as the leader of the Horde.

1 Like

Musical Warchiefs and vacant race leaders didn’t make the cut? Can’t wait to see our new official race pages.

6 Likes

Yeah that point is still very valid given this bit of dialogue.

Lor’themar: Though the Horde has changed through the years–for good or ill–our people have always looked to a warchief to guide us forward.
Baine: That legacy must end. The war nearly cost us everything. There is no place for a warchief in a time of peace.

It implies that we’ll be playing that game for years to come, unless they designate a go-to for every time a war pops up.

2 Likes

This is why I play goblins. Well okay one of several reasons. it’s somewhere like fifteen reasons below “WHEEE ROCKET JUMP!” but it’s a reason.

Understanding that Blizzard will always write the horde as wayward dark-skinned degenerates in need of the benevolent guiding hand of the fair-and-beautiful people of the Alliance and their One True God really sours me to the idea of attempting to have an orc or a Tauren on the roster, because they would have to give a damn.

a goblin though? Goblin don’t care. i mean it’s still annoying to observe but it’s not crashing into the goblin facefirst (the height thing helps, Reason #12)

6 Likes

You do know they helped us depose a madwoman who thinks of the horde as less than nothing right?

He is frozen not dead.

She was in the Desolate Council. She seeked refuge with the Alliance because Sylvanas plotted her assassination and she was ressurrected by the Alliance. She is part of the forsaken.

Which is funny because that’s exactly what Jaina thinks about the Horde, too.

Thrall’s arms must be powerful indeed.

1 Like

No one has any pride anymore

16 Likes

Difference is. Jaina changed. Sylvanas literaly said that out loud

how many times Jaina changed now?

can we get something else going on?

we are stuck on this omg horde is out of control please Jaina help for how many years now?

Plus she is a bloodlust warmonger too but because she has that bromance with thrall every 5 minutes we are supposed to welcome her amongst us?

13 Likes

Stroking Thrall’s pentaceps would change me, too.

2 Likes

You didn’t like the WoW retelling of Ruyard Kipling’s “White Man’s Burden?”

6 Likes

Pride is dumb. Just have fun.

1 Like

She was NOT in the Desolate Council - she was still alive at that time. Sylvanas didn’t “plot” her death; Sylvanas didn’t even know Calia was alive until she revealed herself while trying to rally Forsaken to her cause, and Sylvanas killed her in a rage. She was NEVER Forsaken. There’s a whole book that explains these things.

21 Likes