Is there any chance to get into live chat with GM?

So recently my account got banned for unknown reason and been appealing. I believe this is a huge misunderstanding to my account and I wish to get in touch with GM to get this thing done. I would like to say that I never thought of violate the rules of wow.

Live chat is a very limited time and thats past unfortunately its not for apeals it has to be done via ticket and its not to plead your case but 2 have A gm or a 2nd GM go over it.

4 Likes

Its frustrating when I am innocent and I unable to proof my innocent. Sending ticket is taking forever and GM seems like not giving a chance.

A GM will carefuly go over it either the logs prove your innocent or they wont but nothing we say will sway them its all about the logs. False postives do happen.

3 Likes

Blizzard has never engaged in live chats regarding bans. It is not a chance to argue your position. An appeal means you ask a GM to look over the logs and data again to make sure the suspension or ban was valid.

If you have something specific you want them to check, mention it in your ticket.

That is the ONLY option for appeals. You will get a form letter back, but that does not mean the GM did not check the logs for you. The logs that got action on your account are attached to your account records for easy reference.

5 Likes

the appeals process in not for pleading your case. All it does is makes the appeals staff relook at the logs and gathered data with a fresh pair of eyes, making sure their are no mistakes

3 Likes

The GM team isn’t there to plead one’s case. Along with that, Live Chat isn’t there to fight about the rules. They only go off their internal logs and nothing else.

2 Likes

The thing is I never cheat in game and I did not know what causes me to get banned. I just play like usual and get banned. I been pushing my alt level at the time. I used to be programmer and my background process been running tons of program. So there is one time I forgot to close my VPN and my IDE(Integrated development environment).

All you can do is keep apealing till they tell you no other apeals will be heard nothing else can be done via forums.

3 Likes

Not in regard to appealing the action, no. The callback or live chat system tends to be specifically for Technical or Billing/Account related issues. Appeals are only handled through the ticket system.

I’m afraid our staff can only go by the evidence and data that they have access to. If you have appealed already and they have confirmed their initial finding there isn’t much that can be done. I absolutely understand that you are looking to find out more information on what specifically we found, but in the interest of preventing those who create bots/exploits from discovering what we’re finding, or any other details of our methods, we won’t be able to provide specifics. Sorry.

12 Likes

No, I am not asking for the method of detection and I understand those are confidential. As previous mentioned I am a programmer. I just wan to know the time and date that i violate the rules so I can come out with an explanation to proof my innocent also to avoid that to be happen in future( as previous mentioned I never tempted to cheat in game even I did so, it is not intended)

You are not gonna get that.

to whom?

2 Likes

Time/Date is precisely the type of information that would allow those using botting and other exploitative programs to figure out what we detected. For example, if you were using a bot to mine at 1-3 am, and just farming mobs at 3-6 am and we told you we detected you using an exploitative program at 1:30 am, then you’d know that some aspects of the program involved with mining is what got caught and be able to remove it and/or change it and otherwise continue to bot with that program.

Beyond that, the appeals process has nothing to do with providing a defense. We look at the data we have available and verify if the initial finding was accurate. If so it is upheld. If not, it is overturned. Witnesses, affidavits, or other outside evidence is not part of it. Sorry.

15 Likes

This is speculation but I really wonder about the VPN. A VPN can make it look like you shared your login credentials. Blizzard monitors geography to detect account sharing. They flag impossible distances, like logging in from California one hour and New York the next.

Most VPN bans get overturned but if you only power leveled an alt it would really look like you shared your credentials. Again, speculation, but maybe providing VPN subscription receipts and detailed geographic information of your home and the apparent location of the VPN could help clear up the misunderstanding.

Speculation is generally why we don’t allow these threads to remain open. It can confuse a topic and lead to misinformation.

I know you’re just looking to be helpful and I appreciate that. However, the best thing to do is provide a link to our support articles explaining how to start the appeal process.

It sounds like the OP is familiar with this process though. I’m going to go ahead and close this topic - leaving this info for anyone who finds it in a search.

7 Likes