Is there an addon like spell flash to help with what ability to use?

Very new to Demon Hunter and the rotation on WoWhead is pretty daunting. Spellflash is no longer updated anymore… Is there an addon that can help and like flash to know which abilities are optimal to use or coming off cooldown as a reminder?

This one:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/hekili

9 Likes

How is this similar/what does it do? Someone recommended WeakAuras to me and I tried one and my brain was destroyed in like 10 seconds… so many things, popups, text…

1 Like

It tells you what button to push next based on your class’s priority by displaying the next spell(s) in your rotation on the bar.

1 Like

Hekili is great for learning rotations. Its generally extremely accurate in single target.

Due to variables in AE, it wont be as accurate there. But it can get you started. Eventually you will want to move past Hekili. But its a great learning mechanism.

4 Likes

i use hero rotation, mostly to remind me of cds and trinket uses, but it shows what’s the best skill to use next.

Add-on called MaxDPS does exactly this.

It will highlight which spell you need to press next. There’s a module for every class that’s updated fairly frequently.

3 Likes

Do you have experience comparing against Hekili?

Hekili is by far the best rotation cheat addon.
Some specs/classes do slightly better with hero rotation, but hekili is generally better in everything.

It almost always matches the simdps and sometimes even beats it.

It’s weird cause it’s not necessarily what button to press next. It’s more like what buff/debuff is on you/your target next.

The thing I am not liking so far about Hekili is it is very confusing, and recommends incorrect abilities. Playing H-DH, it’s telling me to felrush, vengeful retreat, which is a very bad idea. Good way to pull extra trash or accidentally move into aoe and instantly die. I’m a glaive throw build and with like 5+ enemies recommends using single target abilities like chaos strike which is just plain wrong… It would show me like 5+ other abilities before using a single glaive throw.

Hekili uses simC data to cheat your rotation.
Sometimes you have to do minimal adjustments yourself, but for the most part it will easily net you 95% parses if you don’t completely tunnel it and have proper gear.

Mind you that hekili isn’t an AI, it doesn’t know how to tell you to stagger cooldowns for specific ingame situations, thats all on you.

Or, hear me out, practice it in place of constantly supplementing addons to cope.

2 Likes

For most players this is not feasible. In Vanilla, sure, because no one had 12 alts (let alone the max of 50 currently). But if you want to collect class armor sets, you literally have to use all classes, which change constantly because of updates, or depending on which website you use (icyveins, wowhead), which talents you use.

Slam your face into the keyboard and then roll your head across the keys.

4 Likes

lol no. I would agree to the 30-50% range. But 95%???

No.

As others have said, it knows what should IDEALLY happen. But what should IDEALLY happen, almost never happens. And you have to know your rotation to know how to adjust it.

It’s kinda like simming your chr and wondering why your dps on raid night doesn’t match the sim.

If you know the answer to that, you’ll know why rotation mods like Hekili will never never get you to a 95% parse. But 30-50%? Certainly possible.

And for most casual players, a 50% parse would be a MASSIVE improvement.

1 Like

Weakauras forever and always.

If you literally hard tunnel with hekili, not sync cooldowns, dont use potions, dont do anything at all , just hard tunnel what it says with proper gear and itemization it will get you to 70-75% range easily.

Idealy you shoulnd’t be fully tunneling, you’re supposed to adapt to each fight and situation and only use it during downtime and to do your basic rotation.
If you use it corretly it WILL net you high parses.

I know CE players that use hekili and private auras of it that use the same type of API.
You just have to know how to use it, and ofc itemize your character.
Having a good group obviously helps, we didn’t even talked about killtimes, PI’s etc, that play a HUGE role in how parses turn out.

1 Like

You either flatly don’t know what you’re talking about, or are arguing some weird, hyper-level of semantics I can’t be bothered with.

Because you can’t parse higher than 50% (being nice here) if you don’t use potions, CDs, etc.

Heck… if I just use my potions AT THE WRONG TIME … meaning I still use them, I just don’t line them up with the right active-windows, my parse will suffer 15-20%.

To say nothing of the obvious fact: Hekili can’t predict the future. It’s telling you the best thing to do RIGHT NOW. But that might NOT be the best thing to do 44 seconds from now. It doesn’t know when you should hold CDs (burst phases, shields on Raza, add-phases, etc).

Hekili is a good mod. It has its place. I’ve been as factual as I can be about its usefulness.

What you’re claiming is nonsense and even a n00b should recognize why.

Consider it a suggestion and use your own judgment.