Is there a way to turn off the swirly screens

can we turn off the swirly screens when you transport in oribos between levels and the swirly a hole of death when you die?

I’m kind of photosensitive and every time these screens pop up I want to hurl, I’ve already clicked the photosensitive button inside the options but I still get these screens. If anyone can help me here I would appreciate it.

1 Like

I don’t think there is a way, I usually tab out whenever I do fly in or out of Oribos

No there is not, its part of the game.

You think that’s annoying?

During Beta the “in-between” bugged out and the swirly effect did not stop, so you’d have that stuff on your screen while trying to quest.

It took them a very long time to fix it, so apparently that stuff is complicated and frankly just needs to be gone and give us portals.

1 Like

But it reminds me of Stargate and makes me smile every time.

1 Like

You could check the Advanced Interface Options addon and see if there’s an option to disable it. It has options to disable screen effects, such as health flashing and death glows, so it might have been updated to disable the portal swirl.

It’s an awesome effect for sure, but it takes so long I just normally get up and go do stuff or come here and hang with you wonderful forum jockeys! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Does anyone else have a problem with the Ardenwald death swirl effect taking forever to finish? You can move while it does you just can’t see what the hell you are doing.

Or just you know… close your eyes after you click a portal?

1 Like

Release! Ardenweald was bugged so you always had it.