Is there a way to make a macro that makes your character say something whenever you loot?

When I get vulpera unlocked I want my characters to say “UwU what’s this?” whenever I loot something. Is this possible?

1 Like

you probably can if you set a key for looting. just tie a macro to that

Should be able too, but might get silenced really quick as that type of spam gets annoying fast.

No

You can’t send messages to certain chat channels(SAY, YELL, and the default Channels General/Trade/LFG) while outside an instance unless a hardware event (pressing a button) occurs first.

This could work in instances or if you are in a party you can spam party chat all you want or you can spam your guild/community chat but channels where the “public” would have to see it requires a button press.

There used to be an addon that did this. I think it was called SpeakinSpell. I’m not sure it let you set up phrases for looting though.

If you are going to do something like this the addon is good, because it can make it so you don’t say it every single time. That makes it less spammy.

Right on. I thought I’d seen something like this before.

This is incorrect, you can make a macro that has a line of speech to a yell or say like;

/yell In the honor of Anduin Lothar, For the ALLAINCE!!!

I know because I have such a macro.

I however do not know if you can make a click macro for loot.

1 Like

And how do you activate this macro?

By pressing a button, You can also have text in /s /y triggered by an addon in response to something happening RSA does that.

That’s what I said.

1 Like

For speech macros, you’d have to create the macro, make sure your emote and speech is on seperate lines of the macro and assign a keybind to it.

Like I said though, I do not know how to create a click macro for looting, if it is at all possible.

RSA isn’t triggered by the button press itself by rather something happening in the combat log, It’s still technicly the same thing.

Honestly, sounds like a good way to earn the ire of your fellow players and could earn a silence.

RSA isn’t using the Say channel, it’s using the party or instance or raid channel.

If one would say that on each and every loot, obsolutely!

RSA can be set to /Y and /S i know because i use it that way to announce spellwarding ending, And while it’s not supposed to it does periodicly happen when in WORLD PVP wich is as you can see not in an instance.

Here I am just trying to meme and a flame war about chat channels starts. Never change GD

The OP wasn’t asking for RSA, but the macro can be put;

/instance whatever

To make it work only in instances or /party /raid /bg and what ever.

I know he wasn’t, the other guys is, and I can guarantee you that you can’t make an addon that will produce a message in /say or /yell by an event alone. There has to be a hardware event first UNLESS you’re in an instance, then you can /say /yell all you want

1 Like

alt F4 :+1: